JamPal

Gorgeous Gadgets

Working at last.

IMG_20190907_125857.thumb.png.1d75c43f55b8e733062cb35120489459.png

I got these a few years ago, bare bones style, bit tatty, but I quite like that. Done enough to stop them self destructing, and de-tuned them a little, about 15watts, and using about 75 watts each. 

Industrial art imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dave said:

Working at last.

IMG_20190907_125857.thumb.png.1d75c43f55b8e733062cb35120489459.png

I got these a few years ago, bare bones style, bit tatty, but I quite like that. Done enough to stop them self destructing, and de-tuned them a little, about 15watts, and using about 75 watts each. 

Industrial art imo.

Lovely. Just how they ought to look.

7 minutes ago, rabski said:

Lovely. Just how they ought to look.

Nah, doesn't do anything for me. Any amp or other component with valves sticking out the top looks too industrial for my taste. Good for making toast, so I'm told.

:run:.

• Haha 1

My God!

Looking at Stereophile there really is some crazy sh*t going on right now as companies at the high end struggle to survive. I look at some of it and just think it's remarkably vulgar audio jewellery or "w*nk fi" as I refer to it. Jeezus.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tune said:

a.jpg.836796d9664eb88c2a4615f3cdc6bed8.jpg

Sadly these days, a good pair like these are in the "if you have to ask" bracket. Mint JBL 4350's

But these are now bluetooth :D

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

As accommodating as Jane is to my kit I think I'd have trouble keeping those in the lounge ....even as desirable/glouruis sounding as they should be etc 

Super Wammer

I was looking at using an aluminium construction framing system to build a custom rack for the bass amps and two Behringer DCX crossovers, but then remembered I had a Sound Organisation rack in the garage.  Now resurrected and a racking strip jointing the Behringer kit together it seems a neat and apart from some longer cables a cost free solution to my congested rack AV rack (given I've 11 boxes apart from the bass amps & crossovers.

IMG_0119.thumb.JPG.f533ecc6801645ce3700932b8f85572d.JPG

The Tower of Power ...lol  - 1300 watts of bass amps !!

next step is to fit castors on it so moving it is easier ...and less faff disconnecting it all to attend Keggie etc 

Edited by MF 1000
  • Like 2

On 13/09/2019 at 22:42, MF 1000 said:

I was looking at using an aluminium construction framing system to build a custom rack for the bass amps and two Behringer DCX crossovers, but then remembered I had a Sound Organisation rack in the garage.  Now resurrected and a racking strip jointing the Behringer kit together it seems a neat and apart from some longer cables a cost free solution to my congested rack AV rack (given I've 11 boxes apart from the bass amps & crossovers.

IMG_0119.thumb.JPG.f533ecc6801645ce3700932b8f85572d.JPG

The Tower of Power ...lol  - 1300 watts of bass amps !!

next step is to fit castors on it so moving it is easier ...and less faff disconnecting it all to attend Keggie etc 

Looks awesome...18 inch volt drivers with 1300 watts of amplification. Even imagining the sound is beyond me :D

Super Wammer

There is 'only' 500 watts per channel (from the Behringers in monoblock configuration) for the Volts,  the other 185 wpc is for the Twin B200 mid bass drivers in each of the KEF104/2's, courtesy of the MF A370 

Edited by MF 1000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MF 1000 said:

There is 'only' 500 watts per channel (from the Behringers in monoblock configuration) for the Volts,  the other 185 wpc is for the Twin B200 mid bass drivers in each of the KEF104/2's, courtesy of the MF A370 

I was just checking out those volt 18 inch bass drivers. Just a pair costs 1700 pounds :D

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

I was just checking out those volt 18 inch bass drivers. Just a pair costs 1700 pounds :D

I got them 6 months ago with cabinets ...were on eBay at £700 😁....but a 11 hr round trip to collect them.  Still tuning them in and will build new cabinets between now and xmas ....have a look at the thread in the DIY section 

Edited by MF 1000
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

I got them 6 months ago with cabinets ...were on eBay at £700 😁....but a 11 hr round trip to collect them.  Still tuning them in and will build new cabinets between now and xmas ....have a look at the thread in the DIY section 

Thanks MF1000, I have been reading that thread in the DIY enthusiastically. I must admit your tweaks are producing consistent improvements. Regarding the cabinet, are you planning on building it sealed or ported or transmission line :)