maybe I'm biased but,

:love:cdt300ukl.jpg

Love that:love:. How much if you dont mind and do i need a DAC:upgrade:

andi wrote:

kennyk wrote:
maybe I'm biased but,

:love:cdt300ukl.jpg

Love that:love:. How much if you dont mind and do i need a DAC:upgrade:

£4k. though Audiosalon have an ex dem one available I think . You don't need a DAC, though it's got a digital out, with upsampling to 96k (available at the digital o/p too). valve output stage, single ended or balanced. it does soundstage depth like you've never heard :D

Only 300 available worldwide apparently. 25 in the UK I'm told. there's a review in last month's Hifi News (the one with the hideous looking ltd ATC 50s on the front.)

Guest purplepleaser

A suspended CD player. What next?! Complementing the Bellagio Turntable it will grace any lounge or dedicated hi-fi room. Has Hi-Fi ever looked this good?

STIBBERT%20front.jpgThe Stibbert II improved is actually the only CD player on the market with a double chassis completely isolated through four conical springs.

The main plinth of the CD player chassis is made of a 20mm thick black acrylic, shaped like the Ferrari Formula1© steering wheel. Such a special shape, designed to have totally non-parallel edges, enormously improves the structural rigidity, virtually eliminating any vibration feedback.

The Stibbert II improved also uses the latest digital technology and a proprietary filter called Zero-Clockâ„¢.

STIBBERT_mkII_semi_front.jpgThe transport mechanism is of the drawer type and is designed to achieve the best rotational stability.

The Electro-Powerâ„¢ voltage power supply of the Stibbert II improved is a fully self adjusting power supply installed in a consumer CD Player. It checks itself 50 times per minute. The Electro-Powerâ„¢ also checks every 10 minutes the correct functioning and electronic stability of the whole system.

The Motor controlled by the innovative Electro-Powerâ„¢ enables the CD player to lower speed fluctuation to less than 0.0001% in any electrical system within 100 to 260 volt range.

Finally, the Electro-Powerâ„¢ galvanically isolates the CD Player to guarantee the best sound performances available.

spacer.jpgSpecifications: Dimensions: 550mm L x 250mm H x 450mm D - Weight: 12Kg. - Frequency Response: 4hz - 44khz ±1dB - THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.0001% Max. - Signal-Noise Ratio: 118 dB - Dynamic Response: 127dB - Speed Fluctuation: 0.0001% Max. - Control Digital System: Zero-Clock™ - DAC: PCM1704 - Digital Output: 75 Ohms RCA Connector - Analogue Output: Stereo RCA + XLR Connectors - Power Supply: Electro-Power™ 100/240 volts 50/60 Hz

Stelar1.jpg

Wegg 3

Yes i've heard. What's that you say.

Of course i scraped my chin

Duvet wrote:

Stelar1.jpg

Wegg 3

Yes i've heard. What's that you say.

Of course i scraped my chin

you guessed my speaker choice for Daves frankenstien system. :dude: