JamPal

Gorgeous Gadgets

4 hours ago, insider9 said:

Wouldn't rule it out 😁

Yes bring it! we'll have a singalong :) I'll have a turn, my vocals and guitar are terrible, but the more you drink the better I sound :pint::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
On 29/12/2018 at 04:13, jkbmusic said:

Last day of my holiday, so I’m off to spend a few minutes :whistle:, at my currently “Local” Hifi emporium. 

With a bit of luck, I hope to audition a pair of these.:upgrade:

46456236802_cdb2ca5dd2_z.jpg

Focal Maestro Utopia Evo, and Retailing at approximately £45,000, it is such a modest price for such gorgeous gadgets. :22:

(OK, that last comment was tongue in cheek:P)

I heard some of those, they were quite nice :whistle:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Old Git said:

:pop:

9 hours ago, Old Git said:

https://goo.gl/images/63peQS

• Haha 1

• Like 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Old Git said:

@Tarzan  @jkbmusic

Bearing in mind, I’m no audiophile.

TBH, I wasn’t there (Audio T store) to listen to them, went there to audition something much more meagre, in the ‘up to £1500’ price bracket :doh:  I commented on the beasts and the salesman was happy for me to listen for a couple of minutes, all I wanted as I wasn’t in the market. From memory, the most obvious thing was the scale, absolutely enormous, as you’d expect. Coupled with beautiful clarity, they were very impressive, even though the acoustics and siting were probably not ideal.

Would have been nice I suppose to have had a more critical/detailed listen, listening to music I was familiar with.

Worth £45,000? If you had money to burn...

Edited by Old Git

Super Wammer

New deck arrived today and its a looker by all accounts. Audio Linear TD 4001. New drive belt and Audio Origami bearing oil kit order. Also, new (used) SME 3009 currently off to Audio Origami for a Van Den Hul rewire and RCA conversion.... looking forward to getting this set-up!

406D1277-A9BA-4FE8-A00D-BB5F627CA5A6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 03/01/2019 at 14:12, jkbmusic said:

I love vu meters :)

• Sad 1

Super Wammer
On 07/01/2019 at 16:55, robbie010 said:

New deck arrived today and its a looker by all accounts. Audio Linear TD 4001. New drive belt and Audio Origami bearing oil kit order. Also, new (used) SME 3009 currently off to Audio Origami for a Van Den Hul rewire and RCA conversion.... looking forward to getting this set-up!

406D1277-A9BA-4FE8-A00D-BB5F627CA5A6.jpeg

So it does not need a Matt like other turntables? Interesting design.

Super Wammer
On 26/01/2019 at 00:52, Southeast said:

So it does not need a Matt like other turntables? Interesting design.

I have seen them used with a glass platter on but no, I don’t think it is supposed to have a platter. There are small foam/felt pads on the outer bit to support 12” records. The smaller inner stubs sit slightly lower and support 7” discs. 

Posted (edited)
On 29/12/2018 at 15:13, jkbmusic said:

Last day of my holiday, so I’m off to spend a few minutes :whistle:, at my currently “Local” Hifi emporium. 

With a bit of luck, I hope to audition a pair of these.:upgrade:

46456236802_cdb2ca5dd2_z.jpg

Focal Maestro Utopia Evo, and Retailing at approximately £45,000, it is such a modest price for such gorgeous gadgets. :22:

(OK, that last comment was tongue in cheek:P)

Makes me feel bad to admit, my beloved 2nd speakers AR93's (picture below)- cost me nothing. I found them left on the footpath in front of a apartment I was living in at the time- complete with stands left beside them. I then stored them away for a bout 5 years, gave them to my son to use in his flat, he moved and gave them back, then I reburbed them replacing both mids and ones tweeter (found orig AR unit) then painted them back but so far I have only got around to making a sock of one lol. Total cost $20 Tweeter, Zip for Mids that I had, $5 bucks paint and $20 speaker cloth material total $45 refurb :P

IMG_0453.jpg.c0b7a5f28a7dc11313d2afe81d2

Edited by EddieRUKidding
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EddieRUKidding said:

Makes me feel bad to admit, my beloved 2nd speakers AR93's (picture below)- cost me nothing. I found them left on the footpath in front of a apartment I was living in at the time- complete with stands left beside them. I then stored them away for a bout 5 years, gave them to my son to use in his flat, he moved and gave them back, then I reburbed them replacing both mids and ones tweeter (found orig AR unit) then painted them back but so far I have only got around to making a sock of one lol. Total cost $20 Tweeter, Zip for Mids that I had, $5 bucks paint and $20 speaker cloth material total $45 refurb :P

IMG_0453.jpg.c0b7a5f28a7dc11313d2afe81d2

Information like this I like to hear!

• Like 1

Say no more.

BN-XX367_MYRIDE_IM_20180319112916.jpg

pretentious-1994-lamborghini-diablo-hd-car-wallpapers-728x546.jpg

• Haha 1

:zip:

• Like 1