Sign in to follow this  

What's your favourite album, of all...er...er...today!!!

Umberto Vanni wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
Herbie Hancock: Possibilities

Bet that sounds good on the emotions :D

Most things do, although it's not the fusion stuff we are used to from Mr Hancock

In Fact back to Herbies latest album, the title says it all, Mr Hancock has taken some well known folk and removed them from their comfort Zone, with Miss Agorilla, hes has removed her tendency for vocal gynastics, and the trnasformation is stunning, Mr Sumner no longer has a sting in his voice, as herbie has him signing an octave lower than usual to a more pleasnt effect, he has teamed Joss Stone with a blues singer and her tendency to be a bit shouty has been tempered, all in all a great album, even if the Stevie Wonder cover is a little suspect (I just called...) all in all a very interesting album, Snapper may agree as he too has heard it.

May not be to everyones taste as it is a bit bang bang but the last cd i bought:

Various - Crimson - Terminal Dusk Records

is just excellent.

Maybe not hifi music but i had it on the portable today andeveything about it is excellent. Mostnoise/glitch/drumNbass/ragga is a bit stale after a while but track after track this is excellent stuff. If i hadn't sold my car i would bewrecking the speakers with this stuff and am going to have to find some of it on vinyl.

Cheeky wee link to the site i bought it from, hope thats ok.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=16888

Guest purplepleaser

Horace Silver-Songs For My Father:cool:

lee

Just listened to it again.In the dark even better.:D

Guest purplepleaser

Vikter Duplaix-International Affairs v2.0

This guy is one:cool::dude:

Lee

PARAGON,

I also have Chinatown. I have only just recently become aware of this group. I was in Chattanooga TNa couple of weeks ago when by sheer luck one very warm evening I saw them playing for free on an open air stage.

Bloody hell, what gorgeous harmonies. Time passed much quicker than it should have. Anyhow, the next day I bought the only two albums that I'm aware of. Chinatown and Blue Horse. Back in England now and I find that at the moment all I want to play are these two albums. The girls are even better live IMO. Hope they make another album soon and visit the U.K.

Regards, George.