Sign in to follow this  
subterranean-alien

Artists/bands you dont usually admit you like

Come on, we all have those dark secrets about artists/bands who are generally shunned in our hobby circles. You all have them, be brave, lets hear them. I'll kick it off:

Norah Jones - I do like come away with me even though I try not too.

Queen - Well the 70's stuff.

Pink floyd - Seeing as they're f'in huge by the default it makes them seriously uncool, but I cant get enough.

Roger Waters - I LIKE :shock:some of his solo stuff, yes he's an arrogant twonk but hey he is a pinky.

Dire Straits - I am roundly ridiculed for listening to DS, do I care? well yeah coz I do it in secret or with those I trust.

AC/DC - Again, I get some serious grief for listening to Angus and Co. okay they arent cutting edge but on the day their nonsense songs hit the spot.

Thats a start.

Snora Jones? Admit to liking it? I'd have to like it first, my god she's dull.

Dire Straits are quite good.

So are AC/DC

I must say i dont think I have a problem admitting to liking anything, if I really like it.

I don't mind admitting to liking any of the aliens selection.

Why would you be ashamed of liking Queen? :Not Sure:

At least you don't sectretly like Phil Collins:shock: Shit did I say t hat out loud!:Not Sure:

hifiwigwam wrote:

At least you don't sectretly like Phil Collins:shock: Shit did I say t hat out loud!:Not Sure:

Easy Lover :shock: I rest my case . Tis utter crap m'lord

antonbhoy wrote:

Nightwish, and another band called Within Temptation.

:nuts:

What's wrong with them? Both excellent bands, and that Finnish bird in Nightwish is well tasty. :love:

You might also like Lacuna Coil, L'Ame Immortelle, The Gathering, After Forever and Theatre of Tragedy, if these are your bag.

My dark secrets: The Dixie Chicks, Chumbawamba and The Cruxshadows.

Duvet wrote:

hifiwigwam wrote:

Easy Lover :shock: I rest my case . Tis utter crap m'lord

Cheesy lover is crap, it's true.

Not all of it is though. :nuts:

What's wrong with Chumbawamba:D First 'proper' band I saw live (in Swindon), and any band that responds to Live Aid with an album called 'pictures of starving children sell records' have to at least have a certain perversity going for them ;)

How about bon jovi, eagles, metallica's softer stuff (memory remains etc.), deep purple, dusty springfield, oh yeah, and dire straights ;)

Jon

jon wrote:

What's wrong with Chumbawamba :D  First 'proper' band I saw live (in Swindon), and any band that responds to Live Aid with an album called 'pictures of starving children sell records' have to at least have a certain perversity going for them ;)

How about bon jovi, eagles, metallica's softer stuff (memory remains etc.), deep purple, dusty springfield, oh yeah, and dire straights ;)

Jon

Was that the gig they played in a nightclub underneath a pub? (Level Three??) I think I was there, too. The support band were a dance outfit that had no actual instruments, just a load of computers, IIRC.

Small world meninblack - sounds like that's the one :shock: It was definitely in level 3 - iirc, they were more 'flexible' than the pubs round there about who they'd serve ;) - and I think there was some kind of dub/rave band supporting (zion something?)

Jon

I have taken much stick over the years for having ELP albums in my collection, but f**k it I like them.

I have no problem admitting to liking OMD and I think Hawkwind rock.

Now Dire Straits, that's a different matter. They seem to be well liked by many forum members however.

Brown Bottle wrote:

I have taken much stick over the years for having ELP albums in my collection, but f**k it I like them.

I met my missus at a News Years Eve party at Keith Emersons house. :cool:

I have always taken stick for liking Status Quo but ever since I saw them at the Rainbow in 1973 (I was still at school) I thought they were brilliant - as a live band. Their recorded stuff is largely disposable for the most part although the Down The Dustpipe/In My Chair period on Pye is really good as are the Hello and Blue For You albums.

Dire Straits - became untrendy before they were trendy! I love them - Mark K is a genius guitar player/writer.

Queen - Some extraordinary music on their first 4/5 albums.

The advantage of being 47 is that I really don't give a stuff!!