Sign in to follow this  
dzeikei

Upgrading Exposure amps

I've now Exposure 3010s cd and integrated in my system with Linn Majik 140 speakers. I'm planning on upgrading amps and thinking which would be the most rational move. I have quite many choises and within my budget second hand are the following: Exposure XXXV, Exposure XXIII/3010s or XXVIII, XI+XII/2x4DR's, some other pre with 4DR's. I'm looking for just a bit smoother presentation than I'm getting with 3010s and a bit more control in the bass. I've heard XXXV and really liked it. Are the new Classics XXIII/XXVIII much better than the integrated or what in your opinion would be the best move? Of course I could change the speakers to Majik 109's, I believe XXXV could drive at least those without problems. Or go for Linn but I really would like to stick with Exposure gear, I really like it :).

As an ex-3010 user, if you want smoother & better bass control going Expo pre & power & bi-amping would seem the obvious way to go. Or consider another 3010 amp to bi-amp...

And of the 2 3010 components, I thought the CDP was better: it survived about a year with the Krell amp before I bought the Mac.

dzeikei wrote:

I've now Exposure 3010s cd and integrated in my system with Linn Majik 140 speakers. I'm planning on upgrading amps and thinking which would be the most rational move. I have quite many choises and within my budget second hand are the following: Exposure XXXV, Exposure XXIII/3010s or XXVIII, XI+XII/2x4DR's, some other pre with 4DR's. I'm looking for just a bit smoother presentation than I'm getting with 3010s and a bit more control in the bass. I've heard XXXV and really liked it. Are the new Classics XXIII/XXVIII much better than the integrated or what in your opinion would be the best move? Of course I could change the speakers to Majik 109's, I believe XXXV could drive at least those without problems. Or go for Linn but I really would like to stick with Exposure gear, I really like it :).

by the matching power amp :)