Sign in to follow this  
hip

Marantz and there SACD obsession

eisenach wrote:

... because sacd sounds bloody good ?

Dern tootin`!

Not just on the obviuos classical DSD recordings, but even on stuff like Pixies' Doolittle the SACD layer blows the red book layer into the long grass.

just listen to dark side of the moon on a decent SACD player, and wow. thats why i bought back into sacd a month or so back with a Marantz sa-11-a1 bloody brilliant, Bought a shanling cdt200 sacd player years back and only sold it as sacd was supposed to be a dead duck and was afraid my shanling would have been worthless. seems i was too quick, all good things make a comeback,

Vynil, miniskirts, and sacd

Oh, and because Marantz do it soooo well!

Davewhityetagain wrote:

icehockeyboy wrote:
I now remember , it was Ken Kessler who said in his review of the SA15S1 that it offered much of the quality of the SA11 S1, at a much lower price.

if your trying to flog your player.... saying KK says its good might not help you ;-)

Now, if you were trying to flog your watch and KK said it was good, I'd be taking note.

i agree,

i think hes a self opinionated tosser! omho you understand. If everyone took his approach we would have only 2 or 3 players and a handfull of amps and 2 speakers.

Not much use to Jerry and meself then would it?

falcoron wrote:

i agree,

i think hes a self opinionated tosser! omho you understand. If everyone took his approach we would have only 2 or 3 players and a handfull of amps and 2 speakers.

Not much use to Jerry and meself then would it?

:D