Sign in to follow this  
Testure

Has Kraftwerk run out of ideas (long long ramble)

Super Wammer

Ha! Ha! I've just listened to this album today. Had it on the ipod on the way to work this morning but thought I'd play it back on the hifi, propa.

Astounding recording. Real depth, slam and ambience.

:oj:

I think I prefer disc two.

mikedefacto wrote:

same tracks on both vinyl and cd I presume?

Yep, but there are 2 versions of the album available (both on CD & Vinyl, the English International Version, as found in England, and the German version. The main difference is that even though both versions have the same tracklisting, some of the classic tracks are sung in german instead of English, and these have been recorded at different venues compared to the English versions.

This is following the same principle as there earlier albums, where they recorded 2 versions, one sung in English and one in German.

Guest purplepleaser

kraftwerk may have run out of ideas. I have only just bought Compurter world and a couple more albums and i am liking these a lot. I wish that i had invested before ,at least this way i may have caught up when they start making some new tunes.I am listening to computer world now .cool............lee:)

FWIW I have all of their studio recorded albums, but something has knocked me for six recently. The Minimum Maximum recordings, even though in some case they are just live preformances of the studio albums, there is something about the bass impact of the live event, that to me is missing from the (stunning) albums, dont get me wrong - bass is there, Ie TDF Soundtracks but for a band running out of ideas, I think the release of this live tour album, this album gives them new impetus.