Spendor S3e
ProAc Studio 140 MK.II
JBL 4311
Tannoy Chevoits
Audio Note AN-E/lx hemp
Ascendo C8-C

Super Wammer

Anyway...

Nowhere near the illustrious offerings of many on here, I can’t afford to be a box swapper...in order..

Self built, utilising 10” Goodmans twin axiom

B&W DM4’s

Kef Concorde’s

Currently, Kef R300’s

A bit of a fan of Kefs. The R300’s don’t have the full-on scale of the ‘Concorde’s’, but they do a reasonable representation, given their size.

1. Tannoy 631SE
  2. Kef Q35
  3. Wilson Benesch Orator
  4. Wilson Benesch Act One
  5. B&W 601 S2 (had a serious downsize)
  6. Celestion A1
  7. Wilson Benesch Orator
  8. Earl Geddes Abbey (still own these)
  9. Wilson Benesch A.C.T.

*currently hunting for something new*

Well I will try and remember what I have had in the past :)

first proper separates as before that club book all in ones anyway Technics Su 600 mk2 amplifier which I brought of my first wages with a Philips CD player but can’t remember the model and Jamo speakers and then I started adding bits to it like a Technics double tape deck , record player and I had that lot for quite sometime but somewhere along the line I did have a Technics receiver which had Pro- logic wow ! that was the last technology back then but now look at us  .

Then one day I decided to buy a Arcam CD player alpha 7se and I really thought I was buying high end then :P and then I brought a Yamaha home cinema A2 which I really liked and saved for ages get one  .

Then the trouble starts because you have the bug anyway seven oaks hifi here we go traded in the Yamaha A2 and Arcam 7se and brought a denon home cinema amplifier which was high up in the range in gold colour but can’t remember the model anyway went wrong on me after a week so took that back to seven oaks which I ended up buying Arcam AV8 and P7 power amplifier which was silly money but sounded really good and a MA 3.2 CD player 

I did have some B&W floor standing speakers at the time for one week as my wife fail down the stairs into them and managed to rip the spikes out and ruined the speakers so that was a home insurance job which they got replaced with Monitor audio golds floor standing speakers which where better speakers anyway then a number of home cinema speakers a Roark Center speaker ,B&W rear surround backs and the Monitor audio gold side speakers  .

Then lost the lot as I feel on hard times and had no hifi for 8 years and then when I was ok again brought a Marantz PM6005 and it’s matching CD player with Dali Zenser 3s  then I decided I really wanted to get back a really good setup again I changed the amplifier to a Marantz PM8005 cd8005 and then I changed the speakers to Dali opticon 6s  .

Ones I brought the Dali opticon 6s I knew I had a good pair of speakers on my hands So changed the amplifier again to get the most out of the speakers which was a abe 2up amplifier and it’s matching CD player which never worked properly the day I first took it out of 5he box anyway I changed the amplifier again that year for the Yamaha A-S2100 which was the right move to make as it really made my Dali opticon 6s sing 

Then brought its matching CD player the Yamaha Cd2100 and then had a chance to upgrade my speakers to the Dali opticon 8s without any loss of money which i jumped at which I am glad I did  .

And now own the Yamaha A-S3000 which I have stopped at and I kept the Yamaha cd2100 CD player because I thought it wasn’t worth buying the cd3000 player.

But basically that’s a rough picture of my ups and downs over the years and probably there is stuff I have forgot about that I have owned in the past but happy now with what I’ve got for the first time in my life but I have spent a lot of money over the years in box swapping to try and get perfection but with all the setups I’ve owned the one I have now is the best I have ever owned so feel no need to box swap anymore and the only thing I would buy would be some Dali epicon 6s in walnut that’s it  :)

Edited by Blacksabbath25

Wharfedale Laser 60

Kef Coda III

Castle Trent

Royd Eden

Linn Index + Ku Stone stands

Kef Q50

Kef eggs and Subwoofer

Own design open baffles based on Goodmans Axiom 401

Own design Metronome transmission line single driver Fostex FE108EZ + twin Ruark subwoofers

Own design Metronome 5ft tapered Voigt pipes with Fostex FF225WK and Monacor RBT-95 ribbon tweeters

Own design sealed boxes with single driver 12 inch Fane 12-250TC triple cone units.

I think I've done now. 9_9

Edited by Lord Rockingham
I forgot a speaker
  • Haha 1

Fane at last...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Fane at last...

:doh:

• Haha 1

Tannoy R2's

B & W DM 603 S2

Sonus Faber cremona floor standing original Model. (regret selling these till date)

Boston acoustic M340

IPL Acoustics S2TLKl speakers

Super Wammer

Very few compared to others. And over a 45 year period!

Home built cabs with 13in x 8in EMI drivers.

Home built copies of KEF Concertos - painted in white gloss that I found in my dad's garage. Surprisingly good sound. Huge things that I shoe-horned into my tiny bedroom. 

Quad 57s, later with BK XLS200 sub

Quad 2912s with 2 REL S3s.