horace

FS: Fujifilm NP-W126 batteries and EF-X8 flash

Posted (edited)

Having sold my X-T2, I have the following going spare:

Two genuine Fujifilm NP-W126 batteries - £12 each plus postage at cost.

Two Baxxtar NP-W126S batteries (used no more than a handful of times)- £5 each plus postage at cost.

Fujifilm EF-X8 flash - £15 plus postage at cost.

I'm after some NP-95 batteries for my X100S - swap deal for some of the above, perhaps?

EDIT: it seems that postage will be a complication, as I had no idea that you can't post lithium ion batteries unless they are accompanied by the device that they are powered by. No matter, we could always meet in person. Oh, wait...

Further edit: I could leave them in an ald tree stump, and you could collect them (at least 72 hours later, and as long as it's your first walk of the day). Wear gloves.

IMG_20200326_221325 (1).jpg

Edited by horace

19 minutes ago, tuga said:

I don't think that you can post batteries.

You are correct (I just googled it).

Strangely though, I've just posted some camera batteries. Went to the post office with my parcel, was asked what was in it, answered 'camera batteries', paid my £3.20, and off it went.

I suppose this complicates my sale just a tad...

Posted (edited)

You have to declare the batteries and I believe you are only allowed a certain size/amount. You can get motorbike Lithium batteries through the post.

Edited by Bolosun

Actually, having just read the rules, it seems that you cannot send lithium batteries by post in the UK unless they are either brand new in their original packaging or are shipped inside (or with) the device they power.

And that's that, apparently.

I had no idea.

11 hours ago, horace said:

You are correct (I just googled it).

Strangely though, I've just posted some camera batteries. Went to the post office with my parcel, was asked what was in it, answered 'camera batteries', paid my £3.20, and off it went.

I suppose this complicates my sale just a tad...

It is strange.

The local post office, now closed, was very strict about it. The one that's now the closest is in a Co-Op, they probably don't care.

My only fear is that one would be found liable if something happened, and breaking the law.

I have been thinking of returning to OVF for a while now and I also have an extra NP-W126 that I use with my T-1. It would make more sense to sell it for someone else to use than to dispose of it for recycling...