uzzy

Loudspeaker cables for those who think Cables do not sound different

Recommended Posts

On 26/03/2020 at 21:00, Nopiano said:


68B2FF5A-C501-4B71-8941-76285DB77080.thumb.jpeg.141787ed45290763541720052102f260.jpeg

I know it's controversial, but I like that you've used the same cable to replace the jumpers - and connected the main feed to the HF.

I hope nobody else is reading this, as I'm going to be even more controversial by asking:

Did you consider the diagonal feeder method to spread any jumper discrepancies across the whole band?

(Yes, yes I appreciate how ridiculous that sounds - but look away now if it bothers you readers :D )

Edited by Gray
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
11 hours ago, Gray said:

I know it's controversial, but I like that you've used the same cable to replace the jumpers - and connected the main feed to the HF.

I hope nobody else is reading this, as I'm going to be even more controversial by asking:

Did you consider the diagonal feeder method to spread any jumper discrepancies across the whole band?

(Yes, yes I appreciate how ridiculous that sounds - but look away now if it bothers you readers :D )

It’s a great question and I have considered it but not attempted it. There was a long thread here on this a year or so ago, and I recall it began with a rear view of a PMC wired ‘diagonally’. 
Some have made highly reasoned engineering arguments for doing so - which you allude to. 

Similarly, I haven’t tried using the Woofer input as the first port of call. If I get bored I’ll let you know! 

Perhaps we need a ‘show us your speaker connections’ thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

It’s a great question and I have considered it but not attempted it. There was a long thread here on this a year or so ago, and I recall it began with a rear view of a PMC wired ‘diagonally’. 
Some have made highly reasoned engineering arguments for doing so - which you allude to. 

Similarly, I haven’t tried using the Woofer input as the first port of call. If I get bored I’ll let you know! 

Perhaps we need a ‘show us your speaker connections’ thread?

Here is what I've done. I stripped about a cm of my Duelund DCA16GA cable 6 cm from the end,  and then threaded it through the lower speaker connector until the 1 cm bared bit was under the lower plug and pushed the end of the cable through the upper connector and then tightened both. Bare wire connectioins is the preferred way to use Duelund speaker cables, but I think Nopiano's done a very tidy job if you want to stick with banana plugs.

1670757355_Klipschwiring.thumb.jpg.ab08b4d732de5e44b2251840d3f01e82.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
58 minutes ago, rdale said:

Bare wire connectioins is the preferred way to use Duelund speaker cables, but I think Nopiano's done a very tidy job if you want to stick with banana plugs.

That’s a great way too, and as you say, recommended by the manufacturer.

Sadly, I can’t take any credit for my cables as they were made here...https://www.lucasoundvision.com.  I don’t find his website very easy to use but they often sell on eBay too.  Top quality and quick service.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Gray said:

I know it's controversial, but I like that you've used the same cable to replace the jumpers - and connected the main feed to the HF.

I hope nobody else is reading this, as I'm going to be even more controversial by asking:

Did you consider the diagonal feeder method to spread any jumper discrepancies across the whole band?

(Yes, yes I appreciate how ridiculous that sounds - but look away now if it bothers you readers :D )

My loudspeakers came with jumpers in a similar  format as your picture .. but the jumpers are spade connections each side .. I plug the speaker leads in the mid range socket - but have tried it on the treble and the bass - didn't make any difference to the sound.  

IMG_20200328_121114929[1].jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, using Lucasoundvision jumpers here too, NACA5 banana and spade, with diagonal wiring on the Concept 20s.31dec3162d9dfbef2514acac9be524fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, trick cyclist said:

Yep, using Lucasoundvision jumpers here too, NACA5 banana and spade, with diagonal wiring on the Concept 20s.31dec3162d9dfbef2514acac9be524fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
 

The winning entry comes from trick cyclist (a bloke previously famous for putting his cart down on stationary vinyl and turning the volume full-up :D)

By coincidence, Blacksabbath is asking about diagonal wiring today:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

...and here is the earlier thread, which I found eventually...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The winning entry comes from trick cyclist (a bloke previously famous for putting his cart down on stationary vinyl and turning the volume full-up )
By coincidence, Blacksabbath is asking about diagonal wiring today:
Oh lord, I've just been through a series of thread wormholes, talk about some folk getting over excited! FWIW I cannot hear any difference with how ever I wire my speakers up, that may be due to my ears, my equipment, or the plain fact it makes no damn difference!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.