Guzziboy

8.00 tonight

All wammers ought to setup systems outside, on balconies, at windows and blast out some appropriate drumming music. 

Missed it tonight, but will make sure I'm out tomorrow banging on something suitable very loudly. 

I'm not one for public displays of, well most things, so this was outside my comfort zone, but I decided to make the effort.  And I am glad I did.  Half the street was out, and someone just posted that it made the end of her 12 hour shift seem even more worthwhile.  So I will be doing it again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Most people outside their houses clapping, whistling and banging saucepans in my street. Quite surprised quite a reserved lot around here. It was nice as we have a couple of consultants living in the road so I hope they heard all the noise. 

49 minutes ago, Headcoat said:

Missed it tonight, but will make sure I'm out tomorrow banging on something suitable very loudly. 

Forewarning of a baby boom later on this year...….:roll:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, deggie said:

Forewarning of a baby boom later on this year...….:roll:

A suitable drum like object!

Edited by Headcoat
  • Haha 1

I stopped short of giving them the clap.

Figured they've already got enough to deal with.

(Ba-boom - tish).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, horace said:

I stopped short of giving them the clap.

Figured they've already got enough to deal with.

(Ba-boom - tish).

Only three hours late with the clap joke 9_9.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Only three hours late with the clap joke 9_9.

That's pretty good going for me.

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, rabski said:

I'll say my piece and leave it at that. Most know I am left-wing and involved in politics. I, in common with all of our local party, are doing all we can to distance ourselves from any political action or comment and putting our efforts into supporting everyone who needs it.

The time for any debate is well after this has hopefully been got under control. The feeling on the ground, certainly here, is that nobody could have done much more than is being done and anything that diverts from letting people get on with trying to manage the situation is inherently wrong.

Anne and I will be outside applauding not only the NHS staff, to whom I already owe my life, but all the others on the front line doing their best to keep us safe and to make sure we still have water, electricity, groceries, phone, internet and all the other things we take for granted.

There is a lot more that could've been done in the previous 10 years.

It is absolutely right to collaborate and make sure we get through this. But people forget stuff quickly - its best to help them understand what has happened and why what has happened in the past 10 years is now so important. They may remember better that way.

• Upvote 1

Thought this was nice.

Paramedic getting applauded as she makes her way to work. Lets be honest these are the real celebrities and rock stars that we should be worshiping on a daily basis that just go about their lives most of the time unnoticed, and underpaid!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8161135/Paramedic-overwhelmed-emotion-entire-street-comes-applaud-way-work.html

636x382_JPG-SINGLE_1868619396830050221.j

• Like 1

I'd like to thank all those who work hard to keep our Utilities going; without these people, Lockdown and Civilisation would be impossible. 👍👍👍

11 minutes ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

I'd like to thank all those who work hard to keep our Utilities going; without these people, Lockdown and Civilisation would be impossible. 👍👍👍

Yep, and even the less than front line or less glamorous, Tesco (etc) workers. Everyone plays a part in how we can function.   

• Like 1