jkbmusic

You’re Joking, right?.

Posted (edited)

Just got back from Sainsburys for the weekly shop. And it was calm and everything was OK with just a few items missing. Wandering around was a much reduced group of shoppers. And of course there were a few wearing face masks. Not much use I thought but if they are happy who cares. One couple had proper mini-respirators (bought from the internet?). I had to wait for the missus and could hear them talk. He was telling her that he was properly protected. We are OK here.

Problem was he had to keep adjusting his mask. Because he was wearing it wrong and it was therefore totally ineffective.

Nevermind he must have felt smug.

Edited by George 47
  • Haha 2

I was brought in to review safety of geologists at an underground copper/gold mine in Eastern Europe. One of the many problems I had with the working methods were that the guys taking face samples on the drives underground weren't wearing any kind of gloves, much less the chain-mail ones they should have been wearing. After about a week of me going down with them every day, and fighting to get them to wear gloves on, a combination of their boss and I finally got them to understand the importance of gloves around drills....

The next day, we were prepping to go underground, and the driller turned to me with a big grin, and lifted his hands to show me he was wearing gloves.

I was so happy as we went down into the mine. Right up until we got to the face, he prepped the drill, and took off his gloves to use it.....

• Haha 3

Unfortunately I know of a lot of these events and even did a wee talk on them. One more then I'll shut up.

On the North Sea oil rigs they use radiography sources which can be intense but need renewal every so often. Anyway a new guy has a source to return from an oil rig to be replenished and needs to let people know they should not use it for radiography. He has a brilliant idea to let everyone know not to use it. Unfortunately, it was accidentally transported onto the mainland.

Those people were a little upset to find his brilliant idea was to wind the source out of its shielded container (thick lead) and then tape the bare source on the outside of the shielded container. We never found out what they said to this individual but being Scottish Oil Riggers I suspect it wasnot  OK, nevermind. No one got a big radiation dose fortunately.  But the picture of it always used to raise a smile of horror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I worked in the coal mining industry for all my career.
Every so often there would be a new initiative re H&S, productivity etc.
One of the mantras posted up all over the place was:-

Get It Right:-

First Time,

On Time,

Every Time.

Wasn't long before some wag altered it to:-

Get It Right:-

First Time,

On Time,

Every Time,

In Overtime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 09:01, plasticpenguin said:

One of my clients, a private school, emailed me for a price on several items.I replied: "Thank you blah blah..." gave her a delivered price and said I can arrange an overnight carrier if ordered before 3pm.

A day later she mailed me to confirm the order. Then she put "how long will it take to deliver?"

Just shows that people don't read a email properly. 

Private Clinics eh?:doh:

• Haha 1

A few weeks ago we realised that it was time we stocked up with supplies for our self-catering cottages as the start of the season was getting close. One of the items we needed to order was toilet rolls, and it was just about the time they were disappearing from the supermarket shelves but we still thought we would have visitors coming to the cottages as usual. Not a problem, because we use an online co that supplies to businesses, so Jenny put an order in for 6 packs of toilet rolls. She was emailed to say there had been a run on loo rolls (as it were) so they were sending 3 packs straight away and the other 3 when they restocked; no problem, we thought. Anyhow, last week the first installment arrived, and we discovered that instead of ordering 6 normal sized packs we had actually ordered 6x54 rolls...:doh:

At least we will have something to barter later on...

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Tony_J said:

A few weeks ago we realised that it was time we stocked up with supplies for our self-catering cottages as the start of the season was getting close. One of the items we needed to order was toilet rolls, and it was just about the time they were disappearing from the supermarket shelves but we still thought we would have visitors coming to the cottages as usual. Not a problem, because we use an online co that supplies to businesses, so Jenny put an order in for 6 packs of toilet rolls. She was emailed to say there had been a run on loo rolls (as it were) so they were sending 3 packs straight away and the other 3 when they restocked; no problem, we thought. Anyhow, last week the first installment arrived, and we discovered that instead of ordering 6 normal sized packs we had actually ordered 6x54 rolls...:doh:

:off: Hoarder!

Special rates for Wammers? Bog Rolls that is :whistle:.
I can just image trying to explain to the police why I was travelling hundreds of miles to collect some Bog rolls, :close:.

Cop “What is the purpose of your journey?”

Me “I need Bog rolls, Otherwise I don’t give a shit”

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Tarzan said:

Private Clinics eh?:doh:

Never been to one. :D

• Like 1

Super Wammer
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 13:42, Tony_J said:

That's a pension plan right there.

On 26/03/2020 at 11:18, George 47 said:

Just got back from Sainsburys for the weekly shop. And it was calm and everything was OK with just a few items missing. Wandering around was a much reduced group of shoppers. And of course there were a few wearing face masks. Not much use I thought but if they are happy who cares. One couple had proper mini-respirators (bought from the internet?). I had to wait for the missus and could hear them talk. He was telling her that he was properly protected. We are OK here.

Problem was he had to keep adjusting his mask. Because he was wearing it wrong and it was therefore totally ineffective.

Nevermind he must have felt smug.

The amount of passengers I see waiting at bus stops with (ill fitting masks) boarding and then taking them off on the bus is staggering. 

Also, a number board with masks, touch every handrail (without gloves) and then touch their faces, adjust masks and prod away at their mobile device. 

Apologies for the rant. 😎😎😎

Super Wammer

Darwin award potential right there

• Haha 3

Herself is handy with a needle, so I asked if she could knock me a face mask from a bra cup.

She said it would need to be from the Left side, as otherwise I would look like a Right Tit! 

Edited by CnoEvil