emcc_3e

Tidal 4 months for £4!!

No Martin, I’m using iPad/ android phone. Supposedly, the android Tidal app does a “partial” unpacking, whereas the iOS version doesn’t? Haven’t done an a/ b listening test on this yet, mind. Yes, I get that Bob won’t be the most neutral source of info! Anyway, back to the tunes..........👍

Unless it is the same master it's difficult to compare. Some HiRes sound better and some worse. In tests I have seen there is no difference between 24 bit and 16 bit.

Not sure about MQA seems to generate quite a bit of negativity.

Super Wammer
On 27/03/2020 at 11:58, Sumdumgi said:

I’ve tried both coax and optical out of the 2i but settled on optical. It’s difficult to put my finger on it why but the 2i optical/Qutest route is probably the best digital replay I’ve had.

I arrived at the Bluesound/Qutest via Arcam, Sonos/MDAC, a Naim ND5XS and a Primare NP5. The BluOS software is terrific I think, very stable and user friendly. 

Hi Les

I remember from the Primare owners page you had an NP5, did you return the NP5 in the end?  

1 hour ago, Beyond you said:

Hi Les

I remember from the Primare owners page you had an NP5, did you return the NP5 in the end?  

I sold it on here Matt - at the end of February. I was planning to buy a new Amp and go the Primare route, buy an i25/35 Prisma and the NP5 would have gone into my man cave. After a home demo I remained undecided and have been looking at other Amps. The NP5 is a nice bit of kit, very flexible and well specified. In my system I had issue with NAS connectivity and given that's a major part of my playback system it became a bit frustrating. I had decided that I would hook up an old Sonos Connect to get me by but Audio Affair had an offer on the 2i and I had a discount code and money in my pocket from the NP5 so I bought one. 

I liked the Primare amps but not enough to jump. I'm considering a Marantz Ruby Ki which is £1k less than on release but unfortunately I heard a Luxman 505 uxii and that really is the one I would like ....

Edited by Sumdumgi

Super Wammer
14 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

I sold it on here Matt - at the end of February. I was planning to buy a new Amp and go the Primare route, buy an i25/35 Prisma and the NP5 would have gone into my man cave. After a home demo I remained undecided and have been looking at other Amps. The NP5 is a nice bit of kit, very flexible and well specified. In my system I had issue with NAS connectivity and given that's a major part of my playback system it became a bit frustrating. I had decided that I would hook up an old Sonos Connect to get me by but Audio Affair had an offer on the 2i and I had a discount code and money in my pocket from the NP5 so I bought one. 

I liked the Primare amps but not enough to jump. I'm considering a Marantz Ruby Ki which is £1k less than on release but unfortunately I heard a Luxman 505 uxii and that really is the one I would like ....

I've had a node 2 since 2015 and although I like the look of Lumin streamers, I don't think i'd gain much in sound. The Marantz is very nice however if I had a choice Les I'd go for the Luxman 505 fantastic looking and great sounding amp! 

1 minute ago, Beyond you said:

if I had a choice Les I'd go for the Luxman 505 fantastic looking and great sounding amp! 

Me too, SWMBO loved it but some idiot (me :D) let slip how much it was ...

• Like 1