Nearly bewildered

Qobuz now £14.99 for hi res a month!

Can you not have gapless on Quobuz? 

Just playing Quadrophenia and there was a few seconds gap between the 1st and 2nd track, it also sound quieter on the second track which should be the other way around.

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Can you not have gapless on Quobuz? 

Just playing Quadrophenia and there was a few seconds gap between the 1st and 2nd track, it also sound quieter on the second track which should be the other way around.

I believe it depends on your device. For example it’s not gapless on a Chromecast Audio, but is on a Linn DS streamer and many others. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

I believe it depends on your device. For example it’s not gapless on a Chromecast Audio, but is on a Linn DS streamer and many others. 

Thanks, I'm just using a computer. The gap is quite long, on other services is it much shorter which is almost bearable, it really mucks up albums like Quadrophenia and DSOTM. I will try some others.

Edited by BeeRay

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Thanks, I'm just using a computer. The gap is quite long, on other services is it much shorter which is almost bearable, it really mucks up albums like Quadrophenia and DSOTM. I will try some others.

I think you need to install their ap in that case...

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/wtf-why-don-t-all-streams-have-gapless-playback

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Thanks but it is only available for Mac "macOS only for Qobuz"

Looks like Qobuz could be out then.

Why such a long gap on Qobuz? I thought it had stopped, Deezer has shorter gaps. It is the similar on other albums such as Amused to Death although Quadrophenia is worse.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Thanks but it is only available for Mac "macOS only for Qobuz"

Looks like Qobuz could be out then.

Why such a long gap on Qobuz? I thought it had stopped, Deezer has shorter gaps. It is the similar on other albums such as Amused to Death although Quadrophenia is worse.

I think the article is out of date, though I was trying to highlight the availability of alternative ways of listening.  There seem to be Windows options now...

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/discover/apps-partners

Edited by Nopiano

16 hours ago, Nopiano said:

I think the article is out of date, though I was trying to highlight the availability of alternative ways of listening.  There seem to be Windows options now...

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/discover/apps-partners

I tried this again but just get error download messages, Java failure and get stuck in it. Now I can't even log on. 

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, BeeRay said:

I tried this again but just get error download messages, Java failure and get stuck in it. Now I can't even log on. 

Oh dear. Reminds of the bad old days of MS Windows, which I’d almost forgotten.  

I've been using AmazonHD for £7.99 for a while now, its quite decent even if UltraHD options are limited. Not sure I could justify more than that to be honest. 

Having a lot of problems with Qobuz, get logged out after each album, then says I need to log-in but then says my password is incorrect but then I notice I'm already signed in. I think at one time I was on the French site. I'm reading that the US site has gapless and also if on there your subscription will be lower.

Anyway the Win 64 bit download did not work, I think I'm on the webplayer but not sure about that.