Nearly bewildered

Qobuz now £14.99 for hi res a month!

Very good price methinks...

Good to see, as said probably because of Amazon entering the market. Perhaps Tidal and others will have to drop too, hope so.

I recently entered the world of music streaming and have felt that the £20pm was too big a jump from the likes of Spotify and their £10pm 320kbps, not twice the service for twice the price.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This is now the third thread I've seen with this information but it's still good news :)

Third time lucky!  :-) 

17 minutes ago, Bit Perfect said:

Good to see, as said probably because of Amazon entering the market. Perhaps Tidal and others will have to drop too, hope so.

I recently entered the world of music streaming and have felt that the £20pm was too big a jump from the likes of Spotify and their £10pm 320kbps, not twice the service for twice the price.

Agreed..i havent been willing to pay extra..i have been trying to make mp3 sound like hi res! Thought i had nearly succeeded..now i have hi res and cd quality as well as mp3..im flummoxed!  Lol..

Looks like it is a time limited offer though.

Just now, Bit Perfect said:

Yes..if you signed up by end of may its £14.99 a month..i initially thought it was £14.99 till end of may! But thats not the case..i have signed up ( i was on the £9.99 a month before) but its defo £14.99 a month from now on...not a temporary offer..

8 minutes ago, Bit Perfect said:

What makes you say this? It's not leaping out at me but I'm probably missing something.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

What makes you say this? It's not leaping out at me but I'm probably missing something.

The first bit of this current web page:

https://try.qobuz.com/faq-studio-premier/

Mind you it does say up to Jan. 31st which has passed so all rather confusing.

I had started a 3 month trial with them which is still running in the sense that I can still access qobuz until the trial is finished but I cancelled it so my account says cancelled. There seems to be no way of uncancelling it so not sure what I can do. Hey Ho.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bit Perfect said:

The first bit of this current web page:

https://try.qobuz.com/faq-studio-premier/

Mind you it does say up to Jan. 31st which has passed so all rather confusing.

I had started a 3 month trial with them which is still running in the sense that I can still access qobuz until the trial is finished but I cancelled it so my account says cancelled. There seems to be no way of uncancelling it so not sure what I can do. Hey Ho.....

I thought it a ruse..streaming services are always doing hi res or HD cheap for three months then back to £25 a month or whatever..this is defo £14.99 a month no increase...Since Amazon were offering HD for £15 a month..qobuz were going to have to do something?  This is a good deal..esp for me as I am already a subscriber..i havent listened to this in hi res yet on my big kit..will be interesting as mp3 on my big kit sounds awesome..

Follow up, the offer appears to be for the first 100,000 new subscibers who sign up until May 31st. Existing subscribers automatically get swapped across.

So perhaps a little salesman's pressure to sign up quick while the special offer stands? Whatever, I have now signed up. Amazon HD would be even cheaper for me as an Amazon Prime member but it is the one serice that is not a pleasure to use on my Bluesound Node 2i as the User Interface for the Amazon feed is dreadful. Apparently Bluesound and Amazon are working on it but I am not holding my breath.

Tidal may have to respond in due course and perhaps Spotify will too by at last bringing out a lossless service?

Anyway I think Amazon has stirred things up, it has been far too cosy up till now.

• Like 1

£5 a week for Tidal is an absolute steal imo, I've been a subscriber since 2016 so have a lot of playlists and fave albums backed up and wouldnt consider changing for the price of a cup of coffee due to the inconvenience of starting again. 

5 minutes ago, knaithrover said:

£5 a week for Tidal is an absolute steal imo, I've been a subscriber since 2016 so have a lot of playlists and fave albums backed up and wouldnt consider changing for the price of a cup of coffee due to the inconvenience of starting again. 

I read a comment on the Qobuz website yesterday about being able to import playlists from other streaming services. I've no idea how well this might work but you could presumably try it during a Qobuz free trial if you wanted.