bonzo

Front loaded horns

Recommended Posts

I have active 4-ways with front loaded TAD 4001's. Why are you asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I saw these 13-way horns at the weekend :D

IMG_20200215_163529.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont think much of the vertical alignment.

Jack

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mondie said:

I have active 4-ways with front loaded TAD 4001's. Why are you asking?

Interesting, 4001 in TH 4001? Tweeter? 

What are you using for Midbass and bass, and it is front loaded open? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread link below Bonzo. Low bass is a pair of Isobark 12" with front loaded 15" and TAD ET703 on top. The speakers are finished and will be hitting the water within weeks to the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Looks very interesting. What will you be driving them with

local church organ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer

I believe front loaded is the way to go, not really convinced by the back loaded Cessaro Alphas we had and the four way Liszt’s are quasi front loaded but the horn mouth isn’t nearly large enough.

For ‘full range’ front loaded you are looking at horns the size of grand pianos.

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Looks very interesting. What will you be driving them with

They are fully active so will run them with my Bent TVC or ARC pre amps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are my Air Partners with Vitavox compression drivers and JBL 15” bass drivers. Love them....at just a shade under 7ft tall the Mrs isn’t that keen though....:whistle:

There are 2 B&W DB1 subs tucked in behind to support the bass below 45hz. 

2TUuCr8.jpg

Edited by Thetiminator
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

I believe front loaded is the way to go, not really convinced by the back loaded Cessaro Alphas we had and the four way Liszt’s are quasi front loaded but the horn mouth isn’t nearly large enough.

For ‘full range’ front loaded you are looking at horns the size of grand pianos.

Keith

https://youtu.be/eF_b4ni61cY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Dealer

To discover the bass extension ( and everything else) of your system you need to acoustically measure with REW and a microphone .

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

To discover the bass extension ( and everything else) of your system you need to acoustically measure with REW and a microphone .

Keith

UK has exited the EU but you still haven't changed

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.