bigrod

Diane the Decorator..!!!!!!

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, Warszawa said:

Bloody French loudspeakers, coming over here...

Don't knock em to you've heard em.

One should always have an open mind

Kindest regards Julian 

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, bigrod said:

Don't knock em to you've heard em.

One should always have an open mind

Kindest regards Julian 

They could be the best sounding speakers ever but something inside me would not let me buy them :D   

I do know my cousin had a massive pair of Cabasse floor standers for about three months - in between a pair of Sonus Fabers and then WIlson Watt Puppys V.  He then changed the Vs for the VIs (and was probably pissed off they then brought out the VIIs shortly after got his).   He must be happy though - he hasn't changed them since (and that was over 18 years ago now).

I know it is probably just me but I have an extreme bias against anything that is French made.  

1 hour ago, uzzy said:

They could be the best sounding speakers ever but something inside me would not let me buy them :D   

It's called xenophobia. ;)

Edited by Warszawa

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, Warszawa said:

It's called xenophobia. ;)

That would be true if i disliked people from all foreign countries .. but I do not.  I just dislike French products (not the people in general) .. I think back to the day of working on a French car where the cam belt cover was three pieces - the middle slotted into the top and bottom that were screwed to the engine .. total abomination of design purely to make sure the job took three times longer than it needed to.   I also made the mistake of buying a Micromega CD player in the 80s that lasted all of two years before the laser packed up and then all sorts of problems.

I have nothing against the French people as such .. just like every country there are the good, the bad and the indifferent.   I just have not encountered a must have French product for me .. least of all anything hifi 

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 22:38, MartinC said:

Does Diane genuinely like the look of these? They just look weird to me! I've not heard any though.

lightest

Did not realise Doctor Who was an Audiophile. :nerves::sofa:

Edited by Tarzan
Sober
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
On 17/02/2020 at 22:38, MartinC said:

Does Diane genuinely like the look of these? They just look weird to me! I've not heard any though.

lightest

She likes out of the ordinary and a bit avant garde..and they're white..

If they sound as good as the Kara's I could live with them 

Showed her a pic of the curve speakers and she likes them too..so will see them at Bristol today..

Cant understand why you would put such nice speakers in the tool shed

Kindest regards Julian 

Edited by bigrod
Addition