lee1975

Gain/volume

21 minutes ago, lee1975 said:

Well i am returning the amp. Not sure if it's faulty but regardless i don't like the character of it. My John Wood is far superior in every way. 

.....and yet there have been those that say all well designed amps sound the same. Who really believes that? 

Here's another who doesn't:  https://forums.whathifi.com/threads/denon-pma-800ne-disappointment-burn-in.111995/

30 minutes ago, lee1975 said:

Well i am returning the amp. Not sure if it's faulty but regardless i don't like the character of it. My John Wood is far superior in every way. 

If you are using the single ended inputs then you will have to use more of the volume control to reach higher volume levels. 

The gain doubles using the balanced inputs because it is fully balanced from input to output .

Electrocompaniet amps are designed so that you can use the whole sweep of the volume control into average sensitivity speaker without clipping , they are also designed to be used with other fully  balanced equipment,  and they sound far better this way .

If your source is single ended only then another amp might suit you better .

Edited by Electro

37 minutes ago, Electro said:

If you are using the single ended inputs then you will have to use more of the volume control to reach higher volume levels. 

The gain doubles using the balanced inputs because it is fully balanced from input to output .

Electrocompaniet amps are designed so that you can use the whole sweep of the volume control into average sensitivity speaker without clipping , they are also designed to be used with other fully  balanced equipment,  and they sound far better this way .

If your source is single ended only then another amp might suit you better .

Tried single ended and xlr i have a electrocompaniet emc1 up so it should have been a match but i guess not for my ears. 

Edited by lee1975

1 hour ago, lee1975 said:

Tried single ended and xlr i have a electrocompaniet emc1 up so it should have been a match but i guess not for my ears. 

I suppose it might be faulty but they rarely go wrong .

You are welcome to visit Electro Towers and hear what an Electrocompaniet system is really capable of .:)

Pm me if interested . :^