lostwin

The Exhibitors - Guide to the systems at the show

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

I had a digital cable failure last night .....at least it was then and not after I assembled the setup at Keggie - 20 min fix this morning 😀

That's is odd, as my Oppo sonica dac just switched itself off, and would not switch on again. Did the Computer thing, and un plugged from the mains for 30 seconds, and all seems well again, personally I blame Dennis!!

1 hour ago, lostwin said:

Must admit, now we into the countdown with a month to go I am on tenterhooks that something doesn’t go pop whenever I turn the system on. Hope you are able to get it fixed.

David w Harris is going to have a look for me fingers crossed tho I’ve go 2 amps with pre out and hopefully my quad 22 will be in attendance 😉

Super Wammer

I have put my pair of KEF 103,s back together but not done the full deed of putting the whole system in place and going through the MiniDsp 24 DDRC set up and see what they sound like . Will have to do it next week in order to just be able to ensure that it all works. Frankly with the number of amplifiers that have stopped working in my main system (four at last count) I am frankly terrified .

I will still turn up and will still be in my room but what system will be playing is anyones guess .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have put my pair of KEF 103,s back together but not done the full deed of putting the whole system in place and going through the MiniDsp 24 DDRC set up and see what they sound like . Will have to do it next week in order to just be able to ensure that it all works. Frankly with the number of amplifiers that have stopped working in my main system (four at last count) I am frankly terrified .
I will still turn up and will still be in my room but what system will be playing is anyones guess .
Are you going to place them with the tweeters next to each other? That seems to be the way most people stack their speakers.

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:
12 hours ago, bencat said:

Are you going to place them with the tweeters next to each other? That seems to be the way most people stack their speakers.

No I am proably going to space the tweeters as far apart as possible but the Mid/Bass units close together . As the bottom set of tweeters will not be connected I do not see any advantage in were they are in relation to each other. This will just be a 2.5 way system with two mid bas per side and a single treble .

• Upvote 1

Same room as last year,  sharing with Mickey.  

Sony TTS8000, Fidelity Research FR64 fx + selection of carts. (Denon 103, AT Art9, ANJ IO2*)

49396627702_98b04b5ff3_o.jpgIMG_5917 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

Paradise phono stage

Naim 555 CD + 555DR ps 

(probably)  Naim 82 + Avondale power supplies. Avondale Voyager Monoblocks.

Tannoy Eaton + Velodyne DD12.

Paradise and Voyagers remain from last year,  always try and bring something new and interesting. The Sony's certainly rare,  the FR is age appropriate and its removable headshell allows a bit of flexibility.

Naim 555 the best CD player ever?  Thats the rumour :sofa:

*IO will be locked away if I'm drinking :oops:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On the cable front, note to self and reminder to everyone. Always pack as many spares as you have. Half of them will end up too long, too short or faulty :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, rabski said:

On the cable front, note to self and reminder to everyone. Always pack as many spares as you have. Half of them will end up too long, too short or faulty :whistle:

But that,s were your fellow exhibitors come in to play , just watch as I run around like a lunatic muttering 2metre ethernet cable  some kind soul will take me by the shouder and guide me to a room with a person with a beaming smile and the right cable in his hand :notworthy:

All jokes aside what Rabski saya is spot for all exhibitors new or old . Bring loads just in case .

Edited by bencat
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, divedeepdog said:

Same room as last year,  sharing with Mickey.  

Sony TTS8000, Fidelity Research FR64 fx + selection of carts. (Denon 103, AT Art9, ANJ IO2*)

49396627702_98b04b5ff3_o.jpg

Just to give you fair warning - I will be along to your room to drool over that (and the Naim CD-555!). I'll bring my own clean-up tissues...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Hello fellow Wammers...

Coogie Room 3

Front end: Notts Analogue Hyperspace/SME V/Sumiko pear wood celebration 2/ps. Also hoping to have an Analogue Works 2 with a Tom Fletcher Omega Point 5 platter/motor/ps, probably a Rega arm and MM cart.

Ming Da MC2006 Phono stage

Ming Da MC300 PRE into  a pair of Ming Da Dynasty Cavatina power amps.

All amps have upgraded tubes.

MZDS Valve CD player with upgraded DAC/Valves/transport.

Missing link interconnects, Tellurium Q Ultra Black Speaker Cables.

Pair of 30.3 series Kralks (if we have them before the show) or Dali Helicon 400's.

Edited by coogie

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.