I was wondering what folk thought about there being a headphone room in the future? You could get quite a few setups in one room, an people could either bring thier own and plug into other people's headphone amps or just listen to what has been set up.

Just a thought as there is a member over on PFM who makes his own headphones bit feels having a whole room would be overkill.

• Upvote 2

I spend about 30% of my listening time on headphones now. I also don't drive and can only bring gear by suitcase.

Therefore I'd wholeheartedly support a headphone room. I have both valve and SS systems. I've recently sold a few of my headphones off (Inc LCD3s) which is a shame but I've still got a couple to bring.

With a few people pulling out we might be able to squeeze it in this year?  We could also run the room on a rota and hence get to see the other rooms as well :)

Edited by Lawrence001
  • Upvote 1

Tom from HFS forum  -  his room will be all headphones, including a very high end HiFi Man electrostatic set up.

I think this is a fantastic idea! I cant understand why someone hasn't thought of it or why its not a continual feature of the show already.

Its possibly even better than a suitcase offering as Wammers like Lawrence can easily be included as an exhibitor. The range of headphones we could have at the show could be a main exhibit/show in itself. This is an enthusiasts hi-fi show about their equipment and headphones are no exclusion. It is very simple for people to contribute to the show basically with hand luggage, what a great idea.

Why stop at one room I say, make a few. If you are prepared to pay for a room/share yourself why not. Would you have to bring a minimum amount of headphones to qualify? Headphone amps or not much of an issue to transport either.

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

There was a headphone room last yeear by by one of the NVA crowd and as far as i know they are going to do the same again this year. This does not stop anyone else doing a similar thing just need to get your names down and sort out the gear.

• Upvote 1

Nice idea :^

I'd be happy to get involved with a headphone room - I could bring some along and help look after the room for a while.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I have a pair of 600 Ohm DT990s  I could bring if they'd be of use? 

• Like 1

This was more a thought for next year. I don't suppose it really even needs a room. Just some hallway space I guess.

Well ... a few folks seem to be dropping off the exhibitors list for this year - so why not this year in a room? 

Must admit I'm not hugely keen on the hallway idea.  Coild be a bit crowded at times and where it's a hands (and heads) -on type of event, I'd want to minimise the risk of damage due to crush or casual handling.  A room is a better controlled space.

Edited by JANDL100
  • Upvote 2

I saw a mention of a Headphone Room on the room allocation thread (iirc) - what's happening with this?  A commercial headphone seller(s) or forum member-led?

Super Wammer

As far as I know the Headphone room that is currently shown is by Tomaz from NVA which he had last year. While Tomaz and Paul  are the main people now behind NVA they are not showing as the company but as individuals no selling or promoting NVA except for the quality of the music.

Edited by bencat
  • Upvote 1

Doh, yes, I knew that - I'll forget my own head next.

Headless GIFs | Tenor

There's a new exhibitor from PFM too who apparently makes planars. I've been meaning to ask him if I can set a little system up in his room.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.