surayne

Wanted: record storage boxes

Looking for a few sturdy record storage boxes. Happy to collect within a reasonable distance of KT15. 

Hi

I have a Glorious record storage box, from Deco Audio, in the loft - surplus to requirements which is yours for free  IF you could get it wam taxied down to you.  I'm in Worcestershire

Cheers

trumpetman

• Like 1

Any interest in record storage furniture? 

I don't know if it's for temporary storage or full time, but when I moved I used 35L 'really useful' clear plastic storage boxes for £10 each. They store about 100 records per tub perfectly. 

https://www.ryman.co.uk/really-useful-box-35-litre-clear-pack-of-3?&istCompanyId=724692e0-2f99-4874-9565-6fc82074fe86&istFeedId=62fcf5e7-7380-40af-a2f8-d6441f27c300&istItemId=xamtamipq&istBid=tztx&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsbrxBRDpARIsAAnnz_M3XCu3uEjdbjAOi_chmRiiErBNC_pyl0-6Uw6nj0TTYyfyL2xfvHYaAkSSEALw_wcB

Edited by kernow

Super Wammer

ikea kallax  storage from one cube up ,

11 hours ago, kernow said:

Record Fair 'industry standard' these - stackable and durable. For records you need the deep top version so the records remain upright when the top is on.

Jack NSM

• Like 1

I use the Really Useful boxes as posted by Kernow.

Bit of advice if you do go for these, get the 35XL version because it comes with a deeper lid.

The standard 35L has a shallow lid that won't go on the box when your albums are stood upright.

The deeper lid also allows the boxes to be stacked.

https://www.ryman.co.uk/really-useful-storage-box-35-litre-xl-pack-of-2#

There is also a 9LXL with a deep lid that is perfect for storing 45 rpm singles 

I buy mine from the local market which works out much cheaper that the high street retailers

Super Wammer

Good call above.. I’ll be moving soon... now only £24 for 3. I’ve just ordered 6 😊

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, kernow said:

Whoops, forgot I had the 35XL version

It’s ok bud.. I saw the above on the XL but just needed some large moving strong containers and these are generally good value so still a top tip bud 👍🏻
I got some record cases a few weeks back

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, they look good. Shipping my collection abroad so something sturdy would be ideal - not furniture though! Will look at the Ryman boxes but if anyone has flight cases or similar that would be great.

I bought some of these for moving house, they are really sturdy. I figured that they cost about the price of one LP so it was money well spent. £27.95 Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Impact-LP100-Record-Storage/dp/B07XF5JCTL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Total+Impact+TIP+LP100+Carry+Case+for+12"+Vinyl+Records&qid=1580245893&sr=8-1

61JYvyn-ENL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by AntA