We request kind donations of saleable items for this years charity sale , last years went very well with just a few leftovers. You can pledge items here or bring along to the foyer Saturday or asap before show .

............................................................................................1242400126_ScreenShot2020-01-24at07_58_09.png.d0da773d327c77f097ff61a8a4df66ab.png

• Like 1

Just to kick things off...

I have the following that I will bring down that will be available for a donation to the charity fund:

- A pair of Lowther Bicor 200 cabs. Teak veneer finish, good nick, could do with new cloth on the grilles but presentable as is. No drivers fitted, but the cabs will accept any Lowther 8" C series, DX series or EX series drivers. (The PM series drivers don't fit because their magnets extend too far back.) Suggested donation £50.

- A Denon PMA 880R integrated amp complete with remote control. These seem to go on the 'Bay for around the 40-50 quid mark; suggested donation £30.

- A Behringer DSP 8024. This DSP unit gives you EQ capability and is capable of doing auto room correction - I never got around to using it but did upgrade it to the latest (1.3) firmware which allows it to be controlled from a PC IIRC. Manuals can be downloaded online. They go for north of £50 on the 'bay, so suggested donation £40.

- A pair of TAS5611-based stereo Class D amps, allegedly 125+125W. These are single board amps, no case or PSU. Suggested donation £10

- A pair of TPA3116-based stereo Class D amps, allegedly 100+100W. These are single board amps, no case or PSU. Suggested donation £10

- A Silver Crest multi-room streaming adapter. Suggested donation £5.

There may be more...

Edited by Tony_J
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Will sort some CDs & Albums out for the stall. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I will bring a pair of Castle Warwick Speakers in good condition . Sound really good and look quite smart as well . These are the older original Castle speakers .

Suggested donation - £30

• Like 2

I can bring along a QED two tape machine switching box and if I can locate it a Townshend record clamp, not sure on value of either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A lucky vintage-fancier can buy my JVC JR-S200Lii receiver which I wil donate to the charity sale  - serviced and working (and sounding great) last time I used it.
Seriously good as an OTT headphone amp!
I suggest £50.
(Fancy Grado cans not included. ;) ).

hUlhFqy.jpg

And a lovely and truly iconic pair of vintage B&O headphones, also working fine with a startlingly clear sound (but not much bass!).
I suggest £15.

VUMiMYo.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JANDL100 said:

JVC JR-S200Lii receiver

My first amp was the JR-S100 , brought back memories seeing that photo .

• Like 1

I will also bring 3 off ILP HY60 potted Class AB amplifier modules. Two of these in a case with a 25+25V DC PSU would create what should be a very decent 30+30W stereo amp, and you would have a spare module in case of accidents... :whistle:

Data sheet here: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/103232.pdf

Suggested donation £30 for the three modules (or a tenner each).

Bazzer

I have a pair of working DIY speakers where the parts, which are all in good condition,  may be of interest to a DIYer. They consist of

2 x Monacor SPH135/AD Woofers (drop in replacements for Kef B110s)

2x Morel CAT298 Tweeters

A pair of reproduction prefabricated L3/5A cabinets.

About £250 worth of parts iirc I’d suggest £75

I can’t get to the show but if this stuff is of interest I live in south east London and can drop them off to someone fairly local who is going. Let me know.

Thanks

pete

Edited by PeteVid
  • Like 1

Hi, I would like them / it(s) please. am in Cambridge, but planing to be at the Kegworth. 

Super Wammer

I have some quality wires to contribute:

HDMI by QED

HDMI by Clearer Audio

Interconnect pair by Audioquest

• Like 1

I will also be bringing this pair of beauties:

c1McZ27yX0tngdZMP_3yqb5SAo85X-IrbU1RoI7a

This is an Audio Innovations Alto AM-1 (the later version) complete with matching CD/FM unit and remote control. These are very much "spares or repair" - the CD unit suffered the typical problem that most of these suffer from, of the drawer sticking, but should be fixable. However, more seriously, I tried to power the CD on just now & it tripped the RCD so there is something more serious that needs looking at. The amp hasn't been used in ages, but it featured in the setup I/Ed had at the Harrogate show a couple of years back. I have used it on and off since but not for a year or so. Again, typical of these units, the lights around the channel selector don't all light up correctly. The top of the amp is a little "tired" but that isn't a problem if you have the units stacked. Suggested donation £50.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.