ljcarr

NAD M10 (owner’s thread)

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Do you have a working replacement M10 now @ljcarr?

Yes Martin, this one seems to be fine, work’s so much better than the other one no dropouts nice and stable,  it also found my music folder on my nas in the office Straight away and indexed all my music fairly quickly.

Interestingly the hi-fi shop told me the first one they got in store for display was dead out of the box and had to send it back for a new one, but they said the new one has been running non-stop for a couple of months now with no issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JB said:

Thanks for the reply, I don’t have an M10 I went for the C388 with bluos 2i module but I assume their is a family sonic similarity

I would imagine so 

On 24/01/2020 at 17:48, MartinC said:

Interesting. I'm sure you've read this too but the miniDSP manual I was reading yesterday was suggesting 1 m minimum in the horizontal plane, and 30 cm minimum in the vertical plane.

Just a quick update on Dirac for those using it. I’ve just downloaded the latest Dirac update and they now have an option for a tightly focussed measurement.

• Like 1

Super Dealer

More tightly focused than the ‘ one seat’ option?

Keith

16 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

More tightly focused than the ‘ one seat’ option?

Keith

Yes, probably best described as a more tightly focussed version of the one seat option. I am not sure whether it is just a guide to mic position or whether it also affects the filters. 

35 minutes ago, Camverton said:

Just a quick update on Dirac for those using it. I’ve just downloaded the latest Dirac update and they now have an option for a tightly focussed measurement.

Is that 2.4? I hadn't tried it yet as I know there were comparability issues of 2.3 with the SHD. 

7 hours ago, Camverton said:

The Dirac on the m10 is no where as comprehensive as the computer version or miniDSP, it’s been designed in app form for the iPad.