wadsy

"bang for buck" amps?

That Yamaha AS-801 is a cracker of an amp. 

There is a Bel Canto S300i in the sale section for £600 or offers, this is an amazingly good amp imho. It has the later dac fitted too. 

Depends what sound you like, we have the old MF amps (which I love) being recommended, then we have Cyrus which is the polar opposite being recommended too. 

I picked up a Marantz PM7003 recently to run in my office, it is a fantastic amp and has ended up in my lounge. These were only £600 new, but I'm seriously impressed by it. Quite a weighty full sound, but worked really well with some Harbeths, Spendor S6e and currently making a pair of little MA Bronze BR2s sing. 

I ran the Bel Canto with some Scansonic MB2.5's, Quad S2's, Quad Z3s and some Quad 985s and it made them all sing. Super detailed but super smooth, amazing bass with so much control, just a really great little amp. 

On 16/01/2020 at 19:03, t1no said:

Monitor Audio A100 Airstream ... £150 new end of line, £100 used. Wireless, Airplay, DLNA, Optical input.

Looked at the reviews on this modern looking amp..if i needed a amp? I have far too many! I think i would buy one of these..

If its a power amp? Quad 909..i have a roksan kandy ( under the bed! Lol) liii its pretty good..quite powerful too! I had  A Cambridge Audio amp..in the 90s bit plasticky..but sounded great! 

On 16/01/2020 at 17:40, wadsy said:

I've been offered a good deal on a new Elex-R at around £800

Hi there, Wadsy. This amp is on my list of possible upgrades and wonder where its available for £800? Cheers.