Mr Kipling

Vinylage Player App

Pretty neat music app with various options including choice of turntables (JVC for me). Sounds a bit clear and detailed high up but looses a bit texture lower down compared to the VLC player I have been using.1c443002f18ff66048ae3d5d694949ab.jpgca94d3f9cc9b27ebb72a080759157e0f.jpg9a344e76046c2d4cae8bf2b36a6773a5.jpg7be4b770f9ab7efcf86d1154e48cdfa6.jpgdc10f63be24e0cbbf3880da8f74add62.jpg

Sent from my K3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So cool is the resurgence of vinyl..i heard ( horror upon horror! )  that people were buying records without having the intention of playing them! Hopefully apps like this one will encourage these new vinyl fans to actually buy a turntable? and play their records!..

Edited by Nearly bewildered
Spelling mistake
  • Upvote 1

I like the surface noise at the start and end of a track! You switch it off if you want or set the level. Been listening to tracks with it all day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Hopefully apps like this one will encourage these new vinyl fans to actually buy a turntable?

Or old vinyl fans to switch to digital music sources?

:run:

Edited by MartinC

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Or old vinyl fans to switch to digital music sources?

:run:

Because it measures better :whistle:

There's something quite addictive about the sound of this app. I've stayed up until after 1 in the morning yesterday and Sunday listening to tracks.

Don't know if might just be a synergy thing with my phone and earphones, but the soundstage can be huge - if it's in the recording, that is. Vocals. There seems to be better diction and phrasing and timing seems more obvious. The end result being a more realistic portrayal. The bottom end has more weight and impact to it. Seemed to be the case when listening to the excellent Jennifer Warnes' Bird On A Wire.

Can't stop listening. Tom-o's (Jones) sounding excellent. Never heard Delilah sound quite like this before.

• Like 2

Super Wammer

Downloaded this last night for a listen, it even has its own graphic equaliser, great fun, and decent sound too, through my earbuds.

Maybe I'll Bluetooth to the main system today.