TheFlash

Teak Posselt Albatross - job done!

Are the black ones still heading for Kegworth?

Super Wammer

When I had my first Kendal speakers - the lovely Celef (ProAc) LS8's - I had some granite slabs cut from the same stone as the hearth. With some careful measurement ("measure three times, cut once" as Nick reminds me), I marked them up for the Posselts and Nick kindly turned my scribbles into a tech drawing. Loyal readers will recall that the speakers originally came with similar, but the owner before Manny had replaced them with 4 MDF discs which looked fine but (a) the lack of weight in the base meant these unusually tall speakers were not as stable as they were designed to be and (b) I am originality-ophile wherever possible.

Today the plinth providers cut the holes. I love it when an industrial scale commercial operation is sufficiently customer-oriented to take on a tiny project like this: hats off the Bluestone.IMG_5695.thumb.jpg.06d4ed3ad93507fd26048c8c40aad776.jpg

This afternoon I fitted the plinths. I'm slightly happier aesthetically and much happy stability-wise. I'd like slightly taller spacers between reflex port and plinth but all appears well. Difficult to put expectation bias aside to listen for better/same/worse sound quality but I'll report back.

IMG_5697.thumb.jpg.2226900b7e38ea2a22592ee87d1dadaf.jpgIMG_5696.thumb.jpg.58c24c97d733ee0dbb1b355d7d2af313.jpg

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer
11 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Are the black ones still heading for Kegworth?

Yep. And with a sub-£1000 price tag on them.

I don't expect many experienced and discerning wammers to think they're the very best speakers they've ever heard, but hopefully most will be pleasantly surprised that they're not just lookers... and one or two will appreciate why they were described by one notable reviewer as the "least compromised speaker we've ever heard". I think they're pretty special myself.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Upvote 1

Definitely looks better than the.mdf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFlash said:

Yep. And with a sub-£1000 price tag on them.

I don't expect many experienced and discerning wammers to think they're the very best speakers they've ever heard, but hopefully many will be pleasantly surprised and one or two will appreciate why they were described by one notable reviewer as the "least compromised speaker we've ever heard".

Looking forward to hearing them.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Edited by TheFlash

Super Wammer
On 24/01/2020 at 16:41, TheFlash said:

When I had my first Kendal speakers - the lovely Celef (ProAc) LS8's - I had some granite slabs cut from the same stone as the hearth. With some careful measurement ("measure three times, cut once" as Nick reminds me), I marked them up for the Posselts and Nick kindly turned my scribbles into a tech drawing. Loyal readers will recall that the speakers originally came with similar, but the owner before Manny had replaced them with 4 MDF discs which looked fine but (a) the lack of weight in the base meant these unusually tall speakers were not as stable as they were designed to be and (b) I am originality-ophile wherever possible.

Today the plinth providers cut the holes. I love it when an industrial scale commercial operation is sufficiently customer-oriented to take on a tiny project like this: hats off the Bluestone.IMG_5695.thumb.jpg.06d4ed3ad93507fd26048c8c40aad776.jpg

This afternoon I fitted the plinths. I'm slightly happier aesthetically and much happy stability-wise. I'd like slightly taller spacers between reflex port and plinth but all appears well. Difficult to put expectation bias aside to listen for better/same/worse sound quality but I'll report back.

IMG_5697.thumb.jpg.2226900b7e38ea2a22592ee87d1dadaf.jpgIMG_5696.thumb.jpg.58c24c97d733ee0dbb1b355d7d2af313.jpg

Pure Elegance...

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, bigrod said:

Pure Elegance...

Kindest regards Julian 

Thank you sir!