Mad4it

Fuse direction

1 hour ago, Iceman 16 said:

Has anyone actually tried these fuses than those who haven't and making negative criticism?

Posting here is always a high probability of unhelpful opinion and comments....I just ignore them and hope that sensible people post to answer my query and MartinC has been helpful with his first. Need to be very thick skinned here...which is why I post next to nothing here.....been like this a Loooong time!

2 minutes ago, Iceman 16 said:

Agree. I was skeptic until I tried a few and I have a feeling where this thread is going to. 

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Would you feel equipped to advise someone not to jump off a cliff without trying it yourself? 

Fuses like this are in a totally different league to cable debates. The absolute rubbish on the website makes this clear.

p.s. please note that my first post in this thread directly answered the OP's question.

Sure did, and thanks BTW.....the local dealer also said similar....so ta

2 minutes ago, Blackmetalboon said:

The first word on the title says it all. “Counterfeit”

2 minutes ago, Iceman 16 said:

The first word on the title says it all. “Counterfeit”

It was a humorous attempt to signify what usually happens with these thread.

But while we are on the subject of “counterfeit” fuses, I’m sure Synergistic Research have put their fuses through the correct tests to comply with BS 1362. 

Fuses become directional with use. It’s down to quantum mechanics don’t yah know.

32 minutes ago, Mad4it said:

Posting here is always a high probability of unhelpful opinion and comments....I just ignore them and hope that sensible people post to answer my query and MartinC has been helpful with his first. Need to be very thick skinned here...which is why I post next to nothing here.....been like this a Loooong time!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist on this occassion, and only took the piss because I knew others had and would provide the right info.  I've not been on for a good while so can only speak for up to a year or two back when it could be a little rough in here, but it's generally good natured and anyone who's genuinely and consistently a dickhead does get dealt with.  Please don't let it put you off posting.

I can't say for sure that fuses make no difference, but I am pretty darn confident.  I can say for sure that stuff like their claim that it's directional is definitely nonsense so it's not a company you should trust.  I can also say with confidence that even in the unlikely event that it makes a difference I'd be amazed if greater improvements couldn't be found by spending the same money elsewhere in the system, acoustic panels for example.

48 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Would you feel equipped to advise someone not to jump off a cliff without trying it yourself? 

Fuses like this are in a totally different league to cable debates. The absolute rubbish on the website makes this clear.

p.s. please note that my first post in this thread directly answered the OP's question.

Exactly same was said bout cables and power supply in the pass. Yes it's obvious about jumping off a cliff, but I still stand by don't judge till you try. Most stuff of this nature always have to be money back guarantee.:D

Edited by Nativebon
Edit

13 minutes ago, Nativebon said:

Exactly same was said bout cables and power supply in the pass. Yes it's obvious about jumping off a cliff, but I still stand by don't judge till you try. Most stuff of this nature always have to be money back guarantee.:D

300 hour burn-in time.  30 day money back guarantee.  :?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MrLem said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist on this occassion, and only took the piss because I knew others had and would provide the right info.  I've not been on for a good while so can only speak for up to a year or two back when it could be a little rough in here, but it's generally good natured and anyone who's genuinely and consistently a dickhead does get dealt with.  Please don't let it put you off posting.

I can't say for sure that fuses make no difference, but I am pretty darn confident.  I can say for sure that stuff like their claim that it's directional is definitely nonsense so it's not a company you should trust.  I can also say with confidence that even in the unlikely event that it makes a difference I'd be amazed if greater improvements couldn't be found by spending the same money elsewhere in the system, acoustic panels for example.

Thank you. It is sometimes hard to separate the BS from actual and much is highly subjective in this game. I love my Boenicke speakers and when the designer of a brand you love suggests swapping out the fuse that comes with the amp for a better one, I'm willing to consider it. He did not suggest this brand, so he might have been talking about a slight bump over stock. I ain't no engineer so I can't comment on the architecture of anything electrical......so I've sent them an email asking the question.

• Like 2

Super Dealer

The manufacturer suggests swapping fuses?

Wow.

Keith

8 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

The manufacturer suggests swapping fuses?

Wow.

Keith

Great contribution to the thread.

Double Wow :)

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Mad4it said:

Thank you. It is sometimes hard to separate the BS from actual and much is highly subjective in this game. I love my Boenicke speakers and when the designer of a brand you love suggests swapping out the fuse that comes with the amp for a better one, I'm willing to consider it. He did not suggest this brand, so he might have been talking about a slight bump over stock. I ain't no engineer so I can't comment on the architecture of anything electrical......so I've sent them an email asking the question.

Yup, when the designers are telling you that a product they don't even sell (I assume) is an upgrade it makes sense to check it out.  Also if we don't discuss these things and share knowledge then how can we expect people not to fall into traps.  I quite often make an arse out of myself on DIYAudio, but don't mind because I figure if I don't ask I won't learn.

Edited by MrLem
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, Iceman 16 said:

Has anyone actually tried these fuses than those who haven't and making negative criticism?

Well I have tried different power cables .. I have also reversed so called directional speaker leads and couldn't tell a blind bit of difference.  I have tried silver and even a gold fuse and bugger me (ok please don't) not one bit of difference. 

There is this old fairy tale called the Emperor's New Clothes .. I had never tried that but a mate did (he got arrested for obscenity or summat)  .. he did say he felt the wind where he never had before though.

No one in here is saying do not try it but it is a bit like drinking bleach it may float someone's boat but no thanks for me  :)

4 minutes ago, uzzy said:

Well I have tried different power cables .. I have also reversed so called directional speaker leads and couldn't tell a blind bit of difference.  I have tried silver and even a gold fuse and bugger me (ok please don't) not one bit of difference. 

There is this old fairy tale called the Emperor's New Clothes .. I had never tried that but a mate did (he got arrested for obscenity or summat)  .. he did say he felt the wind where he never had before though.

No one in here is saying do not try it but it is a bit like drinking bleach it may float someone's boat but no thanks for me  :)

Which silver and gold fuses you’ve tried if you don't mind me asking? I have the same experienced with other fuses I’ve tried where I couldn't  tell the difference but not all.

Edited by Iceman 16