On 09/02/2020 at 09:40, HDMan72 said:

Funny, I've been thinking of putting a lid on my LP12. I currently have an aftermarket lid which just rests on the LP12 plinth, I haven't used it in a while. Been wondering about getting an actual Linn lid. The hinge plates are on the back of my plinth but my question is my plinth is 1976, it has the notch to prop the lid up. Would a new Linn lid work on my plinth? 

If your hinge plates are the original metal ones there will be additional work.  The metal ones would need to be removed and the newer black plastic ones will need to be fitted, which involves a bit of drilling.  But with the new hinge plates and hinges it will work fine with your plinth.  You can have your dealer order the Majik LP12 Lid with hinges and back plates (the official name) part number PACK 1405.  This includes everything you need including the screws for attaching the plates. 

7 minutes ago, ThomasOK said:

If your hinge plates are the original metal ones there will be additional work.  The metal ones would need to be removed and the newer black plastic ones will need to be fitted, which involves a bit of drilling.  But with the new hinge plates and hinges it will work fine with your plinth.  You can have your dealer order the Majik LP12 Lid with hinges and back plates (the official name) part number PACK 1405.  This includes everything you need including the screws for attaching the plates. 

It might be time for a new (used) plinth.

17 minutes ago, ThomasOK said:

My hinge plates appear to be black plastic type.

Then all you need is the lid and hinges.

Sign in to follow this