Fantasque

small floorstand speakers.... some advice please.

12 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

That's interesting.

I'm not sure Totem is my sort of speaker (which doesn't matter to anyone but me).....but I think its match with Moon has made things a lot worse than they could be.

The biggest problem with all Totems, because of their relative teeny-weeny drivers, is they aren't great at low volumes, hence why I said earlier in the thread "ideal for small to medium sized rooms".

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in. I have however now sorted out the problem. An old friend called round yesterday bearing gifts...  When I told him the Rogers LS6’s were banned he has kindly lent me a pair of Spendor S3/5R2’s with appropriate stands for as long as I need them. These seem nicely matched to my 34/405 combo, very wife friendly, a bit bass shy but I can live with that for the time being.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone who has suggested various speakers, some I had not heard of so very educational for me.

• Like 1

Glad you're sorted.

If the lack of bass ends up being an issue then a discretely placed subwoofer might be worth considering.

22 hours ago, Fantasque said:

I would love a pair but am not sure they fit in to my sub £1000 budget.

In that case, how about something from Dali? If you could push the budget, Opticon 6? I used to run Ikon 6 and for the money was very please with them.

13 minutes ago, graham67 said:

nice result robin 😃 

👍 thanks Graham....   very happy with my short term solution.