Tune

The Best Source You Have Ever Heard?

Tell me?

I know mine but I'm intrigued as many still believe in "Source First" - and admittedly I still have some evidence that supports that...

Shame it missed out on DSD for me - I just find the music that little bit more authentic and involving generally. You know what? I've never even heard a streamer!

I use an old Mac Mini's digital output into the optical in on a Devialet. Are modern streamers much better?

For vinyl, mine probably when I had the hashimoto sut, I've listened to better turntables and arms but not for long enough. 

For digital, brief listen to DCS kit in nagraboys room at scalford years ago, other than that the exogal comet DAC I own playing lossless. 

Edited by kernow
  • Like 1

Oracle Delphi + Infinity Black Widow tonearm + Koetsu [something] Signature cartridge.

(Absolute Sounds demo - with Audio Research and Krell amps and Etude MP-1 loudspeakers speakers - at a Jeffries hi-fi show in Brighton about 35 years ago.)

Edited by chebby
  • Like 1

How do you define source these days with streaming in the picture. Source of the source source?..

Best I ever heard is from a DAW.

Super Dealer

Any bit perfect lossless data, is ‘perfect’, transparent DACs are inexpensive you can’t get ‘better’.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

OPPO UDP 205 SACD mode in my own system , elsewhere something at one of the 9 Wam shows but I'm struggling to select one particular source .

Master tape .. as to the best source you will ever hear - well it has to be live doesn't it :) 

• Like 3

Stacey Kent from front row of Ronnie Scott’s before the refurbishment. 

If we’re talking about reproduced source, probably a Sondek.  Not the most accurate but the one I enjoyed most. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chebby said:

Oracle Delphi + Infinity Black Widow tonearm + Koetsu [something] Signature cartridge.

Weren't you distracted by a loud rattling sound, which would have been the BW's bearings with a Koetsu on the other end... 

Best source I've heard

1. Sacd

2. Cd

3. All the rest are at number 3 ( vinyl excluded till i get to give it a spin )

Why are folks talking  kit here..I thought we were having some format wars for the weekend  :D

Edited by newlash09