PuritéAudio

Roon 1.7

I brought the 12 month membership a couple of months ago but had it in mind to upgrade to the lifetime membership but  now disappointed they have put the price up so not sure what i will do when it runs out i might not bother 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

I brought the 12 month membership a couple of months ago but had it in mind to upgrade to the lifetime membership but  now disappointed they have put the price up so not sure what i will do when it runs out i might not bother 

They are honouring the old price for customers who kick up a bit of fuss on their forums.

Just search in their forums for a "price increase" thread and see if you get any joy with it. 👍

If you're lucky, you'll get a PM.

38 minutes ago, Sparkydude said:

They are honouring the old price for customers who kick up a bit of fuss on their forums.

Just search in their forums for a "price increase" thread and see if you get any joy with it. 👍

If you're lucky, you'll get a PM.

I'm not seeing that, just if your on a trail you can have it for 499, if you're a longterm user GFYS

• Like 1

With just over 30 days of my first 12 months subscription left I had every intention of buying the lifetime subscription... That was until they decide to increase it by £200 without any prior warning to existing customers. 

I get their rationale for having regular income from annual subscribers but their communications bod who wrote their cold reasoning communication to existing users should be fired with immediate effect.  Having a great product is one thing  but showing such a lack of appreciation for those who have actually funded their growth is in my eyes a real problem for them. If they don’t want lifetime subscribers why are they Still offering such a plan?

Businesses that don’t look after their existing customers once Challenged by viable competition are likely to loose out given the damage to loyalty such poor communication/strategy creates. Roon are in a nice place currently not really having a direct competitor but they will have if they continue to do well.

Maybe roon might have actually saved me some money as In this fast changing market as a Roon lifetime subscription might only last a year or two before they go under or are bought out. I’m sure roon hasn’t gone unnoticed  by the monster which is Amazon. If a buy out did take place roon have they’ve already shown how little appreciation they have for existing customers so I can’t imagine they’d be rushing to fight the corner of all those lifetimers.

...rant over, back to enjoying my roon enabled music 

I have been using roon for 3 years and if the yearly price changes then i will look elsewhere, as nice as roon is its not worth $699, that's a lot of music.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy the Saint said:

Yeah I just cancelled my sub, I don't like being left out of one deal and gouged on the other. Now I've got 8 months to find a replacement.

That's a shame because they've lost a "would be" loyal customer in you.

The Innuos system is good. I used it before I bought into ROON and allowed it to take over.

Super Wammer
8 hours ago, The Stifmeister said:

I have been using roon for 3 years and if the yearly price changes then i will look elsewhere, as nice as roon is its not worth $699, that's a lot of music.  

When the Roon Lifetime price was lower, I tried to calculate the risk of my lifetime being less than Roon's lifetime as a company (I'm 64). On balance I thought we both had a good chance of being around in 4 year or so.

With the new price the question is both company and subscriber will be around in 5.9 years and also whether the yearly sub will go up (or down).

Roon have made it clear that they want the lifetime sub to hurt because they want to put people off taking it out. If this latest hike does not do that then there might be another hike.

Whats the other solutions other then Roon  that is any good ?

Because before i was using iTunes which there software is now rubbish which isn't displaying cover art properly on windows as i brought a larger screen for my PC but Roon has no issues like this  

I have been on the annual subscription for a while, and had thought about lifetime. I decided not as with most software at some point a better version comes along. I could fill a filing cabinet with bought software I don't use anymore. Looking around for alternative gives very few, if any option to roon. Nothing integrates streaming service, internet radio, and your own library in such a seamless and easy to use way. The only realistic alternative is LMS, and I would rather not go back to it. Keep paying the annual fee until something comes along I guess.

2 hours ago, Blacksabbath25 said:

Whats the other solutions other then Roon  that is any good ?

Because before i was using iTunes which there software is now rubbish which isn't displaying cover art properly on windows as i brought a larger screen for my PC but Roon has no issues like this  

Before Roon, I was using Audirvana+ which you could say sets out to achieve similar Library management goals.  Pure Music & Amarra amongst others are alternatives, but in all honesty, despite the rather heavy price of Roon, it is by far the best of them for me.

Super Wammer

jRiver Media player is my software of choice...

https://jriver.com