Sign in to follow this  
Wickie8166

LINN intends to stop IFTTT-Support

Hi all,

out of an internal mistake by Linn I found an information in a Linn document, that they are planning to discard the services for IFTTT (a cloud IOT service to manage smart home functions).

Therefor I asked Linn in the developer forum, wether that's true, and they confirmed this service will end in the beginning of next year.

I use IFTTT to switch on my Radio each workday morning and really like this feature. Also it automatically switch off the radio at a specific time.

If there's anybody else in this forum using IFTTT, please help me to convince Linn to maintain this service.

Thanks and BR Frank

I was using the Linn and Alexa Applet within IFTTT to play specific hi-res versions of radio stations.  When I saw Linn were withdrawing support I looked for alternatives.

I found by using the Linn Alexa skill and the add custom URL within TuneIn I could replicate my usage of IFTTT.  Its not so elegant and a lot of addition functionality available in IFTTT will be lost.  I don't know what the reason for dropping but suspect its down to resource allocation with other things taking priority.

I don't know how many people used IFTTT, I think its great, but think in the Linn community, I'm in a minority.

I too use Alexa and IFTTT applets to voice control the Pins.

Be rather annoyed if they stopped the support.

But, given their Alexa app is pretty crap I'm not surprised as it seems Linn haven't been great when bringing their features into the modern age, such as voice control.

11 hours ago, PaulH said:

I too use Alexa and IFTTT applets to voice control the Pins.

Be rather annoyed if they stopped the support.

But, given their Alexa app is pretty crap I'm not surprised as it seems Linn haven't been great when bringing their features into the modern age, such as voice control.

You can directly control the Pins with Linn’s Alexa skill.

Alexa channel 2 on “DS name” will start Pin2 on the DS . You have to set up the Linn Smart Home skill in Alexa first.

Yes I know but I prefer to say... "Alexa trigger TV" and it switches to the TV input, or "Alexa trigger Radio 4" and it switches to Radio 4, and so on.

It saves having to remember what each Pin does.

1 hour ago, PaulH said:

Yes I know but I prefer to say... "Alexa trigger TV" and it switches to the TV input, or "Alexa trigger Radio 4" and it switches to Radio 4, and so on.

It saves having to remember what each Pin does.

Agree IFTTT is more customisable.

I would be in trouble remembering if there were more than 6 pins 😳

Sign in to follow this