newlash09

I found a huge difference adding LPSU'S

1 hour ago, tIANcI said:

Texted the dealer. Asked him if it’s earthed. He says no. So I asked him why not? He says ground loop etc etc then he takes the cake with this statement ... “It’s only 12v.” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Told him it plugs into the mains. 🤦‍♂️

Question: why are some amplifiers with metal casing not earthed? They use a 2 prong pin only.

Equipment with a two-pin plug should be double insulated (IEC class II). The construction is such that a failure cannot result in the case becoming live.

Incidentally, the comment about 'ground loop' is utter rubbish. The item supplies power only and has no connection to the signal ground, so could not cause any ground loop.

Edited by rabski
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, tIANcI said:

Texted the dealer. Asked him if it’s earthed. He says no. So I asked him why not? He says ground loop etc etc then he takes the cake with this statement ... “It’s only 12v.” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Told him it plugs into the mains. 🤦‍♂️

Question: why are some amplifiers with metal casing not earthed? They use a 2 prong pin only.

The items with two pin mains leads are Class II or Double insulated, which means they have a supplementary protective insulation layer inside them that stops any mains voltages from touching the case in the event of a fault.

More details here:

https://www.inspec-bv.com/what-are-the-different-class-types-for-appliances-class-i-appliances-class-ii-appliances-class-iii-appliances

Edit: Rabski and I keep cross-posting. Great minds clearly think alike! :D

Edited by Beobloke
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

TQVM! Appreciate your time.

Rabski ... I think ground loop here means he’s got his head to the ground and spinning in loops. 😂

• Haha 2

On 22/11/2019 at 20:58, radiant red said:

Keith, I don’t think rabski could have put it better.. tbh, I’m amazed you sell anything with your one way traffic approach to selling kit. 
astonished to be honest how immature this thread has become.

Luckily for him the gear sells itself.

• Haha 1

Hi folks, I'm using a LPS to power a Squeezebox Duet receiver in place of the wart it came with, and it makes a noticeable difference - more clarity and better detail is about the best way I can describe it. I'm using an external DAC, so only using the Squezebox as a wireless receiver, and as it's a cheap device I doubt it has much in the way of regulation or noise filtering inside it, so I'm guessing the difference is because the original wart is noisier than the replacement LPS (though I'm no expert).

The LPS is from China, which means it was a bit of a gamble. But it seems to be well constructed, built in an aluminium case and earthed.

• Upvote 1

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 00:57, Oscroft said:

Hi folks, I'm using a LPS to power a Squeezebox Duet receiver in place of the wart it came with, and it makes a noticeable difference - more clarity and better detail is about the best way I can describe it. I'm using an external DAC, so only using the Squezebox as a wireless receiver, and as it's a cheap device I doubt it has much in the way of regulation or noise filtering inside it, so I'm guessing the difference is because the original wart is noisier than the replacement LPS (though I'm no expert).

The LPS is from China, which means it was a bit of a gamble. But it seems to be well constructed, built in an aluminium case and earthed.

Have you got a link for this LPS? Asking for a friend :ph34r:

I use one of these connected with one of these to isolate my DAC from the endpoint/buffer NUC.

Edited by tuga
  • Upvote 1