minimido

Wanted: Cambridge Audio Azur 851n streamer (or similar)

Recommended Posts

On the lookout for one of these. Please get in touch if you have one to move on. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cambridge-Audio-851N-Streamer-Pre-Amp-DAC/264536610416?hash=item3d979c5670:g:Lo0AAOSwFWVd0Z1m

It says collection only but maybe you could wing a deal or ask a local forum member to collect it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Chronicals said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cambridge-Audio-851N-Streamer-Pre-Amp-DAC/264536610416?hash=item3d979c5670:g:Lo0AAOSwFWVd0Z1m

It says collection only but maybe you could wing a deal or ask a local forum member to collect it

Thanks, yes I'll ask here then I guess. 

Is anyone able to collect this for me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

The seller has this in the description:

I will not post, but you can arrange your own courier once I have received payment.

...so why not arrange your own courier...👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigwig07 said:

At that price I’d wait for the sales on Black Friday and get a new one at not much more

Hence the 'make an offer' button..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, orbscure said:

The seller has this in the description:

I will not post, but you can arrange your own courier once I have received payment.

...so why not arrange your own courier...👍

Hi Pete, 

am always a little wary of people who say this kind of thing.

If they are not willing to make the effort to send via courier themselves how can I feel confident that they will ensure it is safely packed if I arrange my own courier and once they have my money?

Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I've had my fingers burned too many times at the hands of unscrupulous sellers to feel comfortable with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigwig07 said:

At that price I’d wait for the sales on Black Friday and get a new one at not much more

Agree. Asking price is a little high. I'd make an offer though if I could get some sort of delivery worked out. .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Labven said:

Hi, not been able to stream MQA files on mine yet from the minimal choice that I’d listen to, on Tidal.

Buy the MconnectHD app for £6.

This will do first unfold of MQA using your tablets cpu and stream the resultant file at (up to 96/24) wirelessly to the 851N.

Its the nearest you’ll get to HD files from Tidal until CA decide to add full MQA to their products (which is highly unlikely as it requires new hardware).

Bottom left shows the app unfolding an MQA file and transcoding to 24/48:

E04E859F-A940-4AB1-AE94-D4984C90EEC1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Frank,

Are you still on the look out for an 851N?

There’s a chance I could be moving mine on but need to compare with it’s possible replacement first which could take a few days.

Obviously working perfectly, fully updated and no marks or scratches that I can see. I’m not sure if I kept the original box and packaging but I’m sure I could sort robust double boxes if/when we get to that stage.

Let me know if you’re interested - it will be more reasonably priced than the eBay item.

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, legzr1 said:

Hi Frank,

Are you still on the look out for an 851N?

There’s a chance I could be moving mine on but need to compare with it’s possible replacement first which could take a few days.

Obviously working perfectly, fully updated and no marks or scratches that I can see. I’m not sure if I kept the original box and packaging but I’m sure I could sort robust double boxes if/when we get to that stage.

Let me know if you’re interested - it will be more reasonably priced than the eBay item.

Steve

PM Sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legzr1 said:

I I would be fairly disappointed if a £4500 bit of kit didn’t better a £1400 Streamer/DAC/pre.

Exactly that! The 851N is lovely.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I’ve tidied this thread up. Can folks keep unsolicited opinions to themselves or start a thread in 2 channel please?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.