TheFlash

FREE Russ Andrews -11dB attenuated interconnects (1m RCA pair)

Super Wammer

Local charity shop find when looking for a couple of stock mains cables.

One pair of 1m woven interconnects with "-11dB CD interconnect" printed on the heatshrink. £169 RRP apparently :roll: like these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/222833157675 and these (though -11dB not -14dB) https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kimber-pbj-interconnects.859389/

Free to a wammer who actually wants to use them rather than slap them on eBay!

PM me.

• Upvote 1

Great offer Nigel.

If no takers you could also put them on the bay yourself and then donate the extra cash back to the charity shop who probably didn't realise what they were? 

Happy to help with this, if required - I have a very decent profile as a seller. 

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

PM sent a bit ago. If they don't work for me I'll offer them back here or sell and donate to charity.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

PM sent a bit ago. If they don't work for me I'll offer them back here or sell and donate to charity.

Yours Lawrence. Either option fine by me if they don't do the job.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
26 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Great offer Nigel.

If no takers you could also put them on the bay yourself and then donate the extra cash back to the charity shop who probably didn't realise what they were? 

Happy to help with this, if required - I have a very decent profile as a seller. 

Cheers,

Pete

Nice thought Pete, it did cross my mind. I'm an eBay black belt... will send to Lawrence in first instance.

Even I didn't realise what they were, I just spotted some interconnects which weren't the usual budget variety; didn't realise they were attenuated until I got home.

Oh, and for the record: 50p for the pair.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 2

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Top bargain hunting!

Top wamming too 👍

They had some mains cables by a company called Nordust Ordin or something like that too, also 50p. I'd never heard of them, probably foreign crap, so left them behind.

• Haha 1

Seems like an odd contraption if you ask me but as you say Lawrence if it works for you. Excellent offer Nigel respect to you for sharing. Im not sure they are something I would have ever looked for / at, but neverless they obviously do have value, and always will with Kimber written on them. 

Super Wammer

They don't have Kimber written on them, they have Russ Andrews written on them. For the record as it were...

Rothwell advertise their attenuators every month in at least one of the hifi mags along these lines: "The symptoms are easy enough to spot - the volume is plenty loud enough with the volume control set to the 9 o'clock position, too loud with the volume control at 10 o'clock, and fine control at low levels is impossible"

http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/attenuators.html

1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

They had some mains cables by a company called Nordust Ordin or something like that too, also 50p. I'd never heard of them, probably foreign crap, so left them behind.

Can't stand that foreign crap. If you could PM me the name and address of this errant charitable institution I'll pop by first thing on Monday as soon as they open and give them an earful about the post Brexit retail environment and buying British 😆

Seems like an odd contraption if you ask me but as you say Lawrence if it works for you. Excellent offer Nigel respect to you for sharing. Im not sure they are something I would have ever looked for / at, but neverless they obviously do have value, and always will with Kimber written on them. 
No more odd than the attenuators themselves. To build them into the cable reduces the number of contacts by one. I tried attenuators and had a feeling I was getting a slight loss in transparency, but it was hard (read impossible) to adjust the volume knob to match the levels exactly. I'm hoping these will be better, plus the cable itself might work nicely too if I'm lucky

They don't have Kimber written on them, they have Russ Andrews written on them. For the record as it were...

Rothwell advertise their attenuators every month in at least one of the hifi mags along these lines: "The symptoms are easy enough to spot - the volume is plenty loud enough with the volume control set to the 9 o'clock position, too loud with the volume control at 10 o'clock, and fine control at low levels is impossible"

http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/attenuators.html

OK then Russ A my mistake sorry, simular fan base :D

Super Wammer
20 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

OK then Russ A my mistake sorry, simular fan base :D

Kimber is a (the?) Russ Andrews brand. I am not sure they actually produce cables with the RA name on them these days.

Not tickly bovvered eever of course.

Kimber is a (the?) Russ Andrews brand. I am not sure they actually produce cables with the RA name on them these days.

Kimber cable was all the rage when I was growing up :) If you had Kimber you were somebody. And a hifi nobody that is :)      

Not tickly bovvered eever of course.

I believe Kimber are an American brand that Russ Andrews is the UK distributor for.

FWIW I use Rothwell attenuators which I think do make sense in some situations.