Does anyone know if MDSM uses or have AptX? Opinion anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a Bluetooth technology? None of the DS range have either Bluetooth or WiFi, apart from the new Series 3 speaker, which has WiFi.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll

The Selekt is apparently going to get a WiFi module, it's possible it will get Bluetooth too.

The Series 3 is Bluetooth as 'troll says. Spec says:

Series 3 implements Bluetooth v4.2

• Audio is transferred using SBC encoding
  • This is not natively compatible with Googlecast.

If the Series 3 really supports only SBC over Bluetooth (as opposed to also supporting AAC and AptX), it will be another example of Linn’s users (to the extent they have customers for the Series 3) being ill served by Linn’s refusal to pay licensing fees.  I’ve read that an AAC decoder license costs around $1.00 per unit, and imagine AptX is similar.  It seems that Linn could have absorbed that cost for a $3,700 wireless speaker, or just charged $3,702 if they really can’t stomach absorbing the cost.  I have no love for Bluetooth in a device for in-home use, but if it is supported at all, why not make the best of it?

Edited by stuarts

I have no love for Bluetooth In a device for in-home use, but if it is supported at all, why not make the best of it?

I know nothing about it and don't use it in any form. But I agree with you if that's all there is to it.

A device needs Apt-X for quality Bluetooth transmission.

SBC isn’t good enough for high-quality transmission.