Sign in to follow this  
Gussy

3K Array question

I first bought Exact Akudoriks in 2015 - does anybody know if the 3K Array has been improved or updated since then...?

Many thanks for any help!

No, still the same - only real change is the Katalyst upgrade to the electronics in the stands.

Thanks for that!

Funny, I just wanted to ask the same about the 2K array.

In my new Majik 140s there is a deeper cavity behind the super tweeter compared to my old 140s

someone familiar with this or am I mistaken?

Super Wammer

Funny, I just wanted to ask the same about the 2K array.

In my new Majik 140s there is a deeper cavity behind the super tweeter compared to my old 140s

someone familiar with this or am I mistaken?

Seems unlikely there would be a change to the Skoop.  Perhaps Philbo will enlighten us on Monday.

What happens Monday?

Philbo comes back to work after the weekend ... :) 

David

• Like 1

It almost has enough room for a pen. 572681166_20191109_171101-Edited.thumb.jpg.8a92be0e09dfea4bb87edfc5758744a4.jpg

The skoop on the above picture looks like the one on Majik 109. The M109 has the reflex port coming out behind the 2K array. You seem to have a “bottom” in the port however. I found a picture on the net on the skoop of another M140 and there is no tube part visible on that one. Strange.

3E6CE315-6C25-4BBA-9241-9CF2088AFFC2.jpeg

Well, I know the M109 has the reflexport in the skoop. However "my" skoop is closed in the back.

At first I thought I went crazy since I for sure know my old 140's did not have such a deep skoop.

I'm curious how and/or if this effekt Exakt and SO.

I don’t think it has any effect on either. My view of the skoop is that it is a reflector for the diffracted wave from the 2K array rim of the tweeter and especially the super tweeter. Most likely the diffracted wave in the direction of the deeper cavity is rather low. Thus the difference between the old M140 skoop and the new one should be small. I believe the change is due to economic factors. One detail less to keep in store. My 5 cents.

I don't think economics count in this case, since the M109 skoop is open and the one I have is closed.

If the open skoop is less reflective, should the supertweeter be more pointed to the listening position? 

Meaning a smaller sweet-spot in the end.

I don't think economics count in this case, since the M109 skoop is open and the one I have is closed.

If the open skoop is less reflective, should the supertweeter be more pointed to the listening position? 

Meaning a smaller sweet-spot in the end.

I think the two different skoop are more or less equal when coming to reflectivity. The surface behind the super tweeter doesn’t make a lot of difference, i.e., it can be there or it can be missing. The result will be the same or at least very close.

Sign in to follow this