Sign in to follow this  
Beyond you

What was your first system?

Super Wammer

Sorry if this has been done already?

Thought i'd show my first starting system which my Grandad gave me one Christmas, i think 1983 or 1984 Ferguson Studio 6. Fond memory's 

(Photo from internet)

2053728083_ScreenShot2019-11-06at14_32_31.thumb.png.9b686d640a69477395f2b01e23eb936d.png

I loved this, my one had the metal stand for a small vinyl collection

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Yep been going a few days and 5 pages long. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Funny...I was having trip down memory lane the other night, watching vids on youtube of my very first set of what I called proper Hi Fi speakers...the B&W P4. I used my first student loan on them and a Micromega Stage 1 CD Player and a NAD Amp....think the total used up the full £1600 loan...the dealer took sympathy on me and threw in some interconnects (nasty ones, but got me started). It still warms me to remember the experience....loved that CD Player! 

• Like 2

My first hi-fi was a JVC JAS11 amp, a Pioneer PL12D turntable with Audio Technica  AT 10 ? and a pair of Wharfedale Glendale XPs which were made from a kit. I added a matching tuner and cassette player from the JVC stable a year later, that was 1978 ! I probably enjoyed listening to that little system as much as any subsequent set up !