HectorHughMunro

Fujifilm X-Pro 3

It is impressive to see Fuji continue to invest into R&D and innovation when it seems most of the investment these days is flowing into camera phones. I love my XT-2 with the only reservation remaining with the EVF and my ability to judge exposure. I am yet to find the right setting that gves me 100% confidence on every shot.

cheers

Fuji seem to be receiving a balance of praise and flak over this - me, I think it's wonderful that Fuji are brave enough to make the Pro 3 more niche. Classic Neg looks gorgeous too.

I'll take mine in the silver finish please. :^

The new X-Pro3 'Classic Neg' film simulation looks interesting.... Must say the X-Pro series of cameras all look so dam good, stealthy rangefinders...!

Loving the shape/design/style and file output from my X-Pro1.

48855555331_9a15b5b9fa_c.jpgStealth by APM Photography, on Flickr

Peter 

Edited by macvisual

I don't get it. What's innovative about putting the screen on back to front? :doh: They could have just had that little display in the middle of the screen and switched it to a full display as needed.

I don't get it. What's innovative about putting the screen on back to front? :doh: They could have just had that little display in the middle of the screen and switched it to a full display as needed.

Something that really confused me too and I would have thought current tech would be available to facilitate it. The reverse screen would put me off although I think visually it’s an appealing camera it’s ergonomics don’t appeal. A friend has an XPro2 which frankly I just don’t like but horses for courses and I’m sure it will be popular. I attend an informal camera club on Mondays which is run by one of the staff from the local Fuji dealer and he tells me they have quite a number of preorders.

I’m assuming there will be a firmware update to bring Classic Neg to the XT3.

It makes it less of a computer and more of a camera.  I really like it.  I'll probably buy one after the early adopters have found the flaws.  The design is moving towards the Contax G2 which is still one of my dream cameras;

P0.jpg

fujifilm-x-pro3-featured-1-1200x630-c-ar

They did a full G2 factory kit which is a thing of beauty;

DSC_00071600-770x517.jpg

There are also several Leica in titanium;

Z17G0034_01.jpg

Edited by HectorHughMunro

It makes it less of a computer and more of a camera.  I really like it.  I'll probably buy one after the early adopters have found the flaws.  The design is moving towards the Contax G2 which is still one of my dream cameras;

P0.jpg

fujifilm-x-pro3-featured-1-1200x630-c-ar

They did a full G2 factory kit which is a thing of beauty;

DSC_00071600-770x517.jpg

There are also several Leica in titanium;

Z17G0034_01.jpg

That's fair enough. I am obviously not the target audience. In many ways I want my camera to be more like a computer! 

I'm not sold on the weird screen setup but it's good that Fuji dare to be different and I hope it'll be a success. They make fantastic cameras which also look stunning.

• Like 1

I had the X Pro2 and liked it. Personally, I like having a visible screen and would find this new design a bit irritating I suspect. 

Was in Lincoln last friday so popped into the Engine Shed to have a look round the photo show which LCE had organised. Not the biggest show in the world (As you'd expect) but with plenty of stuff to have a look/feel of. I hadn't gone with the sole intention of taking a peek at the Pro3, but it would've been silly not to. 

I've been keeping an open mind (or trying to!) over this new model, and was definitely in the 'remain to be convinced' camp. Anyway, had a good chat with one of the gents on the Fuji stand, and of course got 10 mins or so with the new camera. The screen - the elephant in the room - for me, works really well. I don't tend to chimp much anyway, and will often hit 'play' to view the image in the EVF on my own cameras. Going into the menu on the Pro3 is no harder than on the X-H1 - no 'display mode' button needs pressing to do so, as the screen automatically lights up on pulling it down. 

Feel-wise, it's an improvement on the P1/2. The grip is slightly more substantial, not massively, but subtle enough to not look so much different, but feel so much better. I have large hands, and would have no problem shooting one-handed with the Pro3.

I can totally appreciate there will be those who won't be fans, and I think a lot of that is down to the way we shoot more than anything. From a purely subjective PoV, I think the new camera is  gorgeous. Has to be the silver Dura finish though, :^