wHIZZY

Single most underrated item of HiFi

Yamaha WXA-50. Bought as a stop gap amp with the added bonus of an introduction to streaming/wireless computer based hi-fi. I make no claims for it relative to any other piece of kit. However, for just over £300, I'm incredibly impressed by it.

I am really pleased with the Volumio prima I have just bought.... New to streaming and for that price I thought I would give it a go..... Knocked over by the sound quality....

very nice little product. First bit of "new" hi fi I have bought for years.

Any modern smartphone

almost everyone has one and it can buy, manage, even create, store and play (locally or stream) loads of music, including hi rez and wirelessly. Can also work as remote control for the rest of the system.

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Upvote 1

My Manticore Mantra TT with A&R P77 A second hand bargain but was underpriced when new. Even in a top end set up has no discernable difference in sound than an Lp12 which are silly money. It's a lost gem.

1 hour ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Any modern smartphone

almost everyone has one and it can buy, manage, even create, store and play (locally or stream) loads of music, including hi rez and wirelessly. Can also work as remote control for the rest of the system.

Indeed - a very useful device. 

Can't understand why the Lyngdorf DPA-1 preamp didn't sell better, loads of inputs and Room Perfect, crossovers and a big selection of eq curves.

Bang & Olufsen, Beolab 9 active speakers.  Probably overpriced when new but excellent value second hand.  I have now kept mine for longer than any other speaker I have owned.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

Bang & Olufsen, Beolab 9 active speakers.  Probably overpriced when new but excellent value second hand.  I have now kept mine for longer than any other speaker I have owned.

I’ve always liked the 8000’s I own, but could not get away with the shape of the 9’s. Beolab 5’s are on another level of course.

21 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

I’ve always liked the 8000’s I own, but could not get away with the shape of the 9’s. Beolab 5’s are on another level of course.

My wife actually approves of the 9s and yes the 5s would be nice  but even if I could afford them I don't think she would ever allow the 5s.

17 minutes ago, wHIZZY said:

My wife actually approves of the 9s and yes the 5s would be nice  but even if I could afford them I don't think she would ever allow the 5s.

Just tell her the Daleks have come to invade and that if she objects, she will be exterminated :D.

• Like 1