I had both here to listen to and may still have them both. Steve's description is spot on and the Sparkos are probably less 'truthful' and present a warm more pleasant sound. The SI chips have faster dynamics and are more neutral. However, since I bought my Nord they have upgraded the Boards and use the new Class A input boards and they are a jump up from the previous boards. Alex54 has reviewed what the new boards sounds like and I agree. It seems to have the best bits of the SI and the Sparkos and then added a lot of dynamics.

If you like the neutral detailed sound of the Nords then the new one is a signficant jump up in SQ. The B&O 1200 models are in my view not as good but still a good buy. If your speakers have a low impedance, lots of phase shift or just difficult to drive then the Hypex 1200 variant is worth considering; do they sounf better? Dunno not heard them.

Super Wammer

I have a KJF Audio modular amp, where you can have up to 8 channels of hypex Ncore amplification, mine is configured for 3 way active use (500wpc x2, 250 x2, 125 x2). It is by far the best amp I have ever owned, it has the lot, Clout, finesse and delicacy, without any harshness. 

You can  start with 2 channels, and if the need arises send back to KJF and have more modules added. It comes highly recommended.

• Like 1

I’m keen on the Nord One Int TVC NC500 but am curious to know what is the difference between the two Op amp options? What difference is there between the Sparkos and Sonic component? Thanks.

Does look a nice bit of kit that.

Sadly there is some poor publicity on nord on one forum 're poor after sales care . I hope they resolve it as after sales care is paramount.  

Pleased to say Nord have been in touch and are doing their very best to resolve the issues. No one is perfect .They are so much more cost effective than some manufacturers so it's good news