japalapalos

WTD : Kef Reference 1’s with Stands

Looking for a pair of Kef Reference 1’s preferably with their dedicated stands - prefer Rosewood finish but OK with Walnut. Must be in vgc. I live in Kent but happy to collect.

please let me know if your selling

Cheers, Jon

There were 2 pairs of Reference 2's at the Audiojumble in Tonbridge on Sunday, one pair in Walnut and the other in Rosewood, although they are floor standers they don't take up any more space than Reference 1's with stands.

1 hour ago, wizmax said:

There were 2 pairs of Reference 2's at the Audiojumble in Tonbridge on Sunday, one pair in Walnut and the other in Rosewood, although they are floor standers they don't take up any more space than Reference 1's with stands.

Do you remember how much they were?

I think the Rosewood ones were £300, they were boxed and had had new tweeters fitted by KEF in February, the Walnut pair were £375 at the start of the day but I do not now if they were reduced towards the end.

Thanks for heads up - saw them at the Audiojumble too :-) Have heard (a long time ago) but really looking for the latest (2014 onwards) iteration 

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, japalapalos said:

looking for the latest (2014 onwards) iteration 

Ah, the ones that cost about five grand?  Very deep cabinets and terrific bass, iirc. 

11 hours ago, japalapalos said:

Looking for a pair of Kef Reference 1’s preferably with their dedicated stands - prefer Rosewood finish but OK with Walnut. Must be in vgc. I live in Kent but happy to collect.

please let me know if your selling

Cheers, Jon

If these can work well in your room. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143310706351

Absolutely! Just sold some Raidho X-1’s - amazing little mini monitors that do extraordinary things but There’s only so much a 4 inch mid/bass can do - Will miss the tweeter but the Ref 1’s have the dynamics and low end I miss

Ah, the Ref 3’s on EBay - drooling over them for a while - I think the prodigious bass would be too much tbh - Heard them in the flesh (and the 5’s) love the Ref family tree 

7 hours ago, wizmax said:

I think the Rosewood ones were £300, they were boxed and had had new tweeters fitted by KEF in February, the Walnut pair were £375 at the start of the day but I do not now if they were reduced towards the end.

That's a lot of speaker for a few hundred quid.  Just got a pair off Ebay for £330, mint condition Rosewood.   

2 hours ago, japalapalos said:

Ah, the Ref 3’s on EBay - drooling over them for a while - I think the prodigious bass would be too much tbh - Heard them in the flesh (and the 5’s) love the Ref family tree 

The bass on the Ref 2's I just got seems  quite lean, thought nicely controlled, guess putting the bass cones IN the cabinet will have that effect, work well in my room though, eliminate bass boom.