Mac users will no doubt be aware of a forthcoming new version of the OS called Catalina. This is the first version which will deprecate 32bit apps - they will not run. Checking on my system ( > About This Mac > System Report > Legacy Software), Kinsky appears to be a 32bit app. Many other apps I use for music such as Max, Tag and XLD are also 32bit. So just a word of warning for Mac users - don't just blindly update until you are sure of the implications.

• Upvote 1

Given the fact that even my late 2013 MacBook Pro (6 years old now) is capable of running Catalina I’m quote amused to see that there are still maintained applications out there not supporting 64bit yet. It has been known for at least one year that Catalina won’t support 32bit apps.

By the way, XLD doesn’t belong to this category. From its release notes dated first of October 2018:

XLD has become 64-bit app

Unfortunately Kinsky is now unsupported, so anyone with a Mac who uses it is kinda stuck.

10 hours ago, BB1 said:

Given the fact that even my late 2013 MacBook Pro (6 years old now) is capable of running Catalina I’m quote amused to see that there are still maintained applications out there not supporting 64bit yet. It has been known for at least one year that Catalina won’t support 32bit apps.

By the way, XLD doesn’t belong to this category. From its release notes dated first of October 2018:

Thanks for checking BB1, I was going to further investigate XLDs status as 32 or 64 bit on my 2012 Mac mini as I ran the legacy software check a couple of days ago and it wasn’t identified as 32 bit. Looks like I’m good to go!

And about Konfig:

• Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 to 10.14    This will NOT work on fresh installs of macOS Catalina 10.15)
  • 32 or 64-bit hardware

Differerence between upgraded or fresh installs or why is those words added?

Catalina betas were very bumpy and I am back on Mojave for the time being. Going to wait at least until the .2 release, maybe longer. Outside of Sidecar there is nothing really inciting an upgrade.

• Upvote 1

Good advice. This seems to be the worst received MacOS I can remember. I have no need to move to it so I’ll stay with what I have. I’m having enough trouble learning where PadOS has moved things on my iPad. 

23 hours ago, 90sLinn said:

And about Konfig:

• Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 to 10.14    This will NOT work on fresh installs of macOS Catalina 10.15)
  • 32 or 64-bit hardware

Differerence between upgraded or fresh installs or why is those words added?

If you buy a new MacBook will Linn Konfig run on it? 

On 09/10/2019 at 00:56, BB1 said:

You are correct (of course). For some reason my version of XLD wasn't auto updating so hadn't seen this. One less App to worry about. Unfortunately it looks unlikely that Max will be updated.

• Like 1

My MacBook actually informed me, when I opened Kinsky on it the other day, that it would not work on the next OS update. So, no update for me🤣

Ugh. Catalina essentially downloaded itself and made it impossible to use the computer as it was. The screen froze when ever I tried to do anything. Included with this wonderful situation was the pop-up screen about something or other mcp that kept freezing out. 🤬🤬🤬

was forced into the installation 🤬🤬🤬

Adieu Kinsky. Fare thee well in cybercrypt 😳😔

I’ve never used Kinsky. I just put it on my iPad. What is it’s function? I currently use kazoo.