Sign in to follow this  
loosend

SOLD:. GamuT D200 mkIII Power Amplifier

Gamut D200 mkIII

A truly world class power amplifier!

I’ve owned this particular one for two years now and I am the second owner, they don’t seem to get passed around very much due to their pedigree.

I’ve had brief spells with other solid state amplifiers during my time owning the Gamut, namely, Plinius, Pass, Lavardin, Aaron, Esoteric, Ayre etc and there was always something about the Gamut that kept me going back to it.

It’s very authoritative but has a great balance of being able to handle more delicate passages with a very silent background.

The power supply section has had 8 Mundorf Silver/Gold in Oil Caps fitted to a significant cost but well worth it!

Being able to put out 200wpc into 8 ohms, 400wpc into 4 ohms and 700wpc into 2 ohms it has the ability to grip and drive practically any speaker and along with the internal switches on each channel which allows for preamplifier gain matching and even a position for passive preamps it’s an incredibly flexible amplifier. Currently it is switched to -6db, with -12db being for high gain preamps and the “off” setting specifically for passive pres.

Manual is here: http://www.zs-acoustics.com/d200i_userguide.pdf

It’s also a simplistically good looking amp and has well laid out sockets on the rear. very much unlike what I’m considering in valve form!!

With the ability to use RCA or XLR fully balanced inputs, with two sets of speaker outputs, one set is direct with no safety circuit and one has the safety circuit implemented - there is a little more transparency on the direct outputs but the amp is so transparent anyway I could use either or, neither degrades the open extended highs or dampens midrange tonality and vibrancy, upper bass drive or detailed lower bass lines.

Lately with the addition of a REL sub used wirelessly in my room, I ran my speakers direct and the REL’s wireless transmitter from the protected outputs with no issues at all.

Now to why I’m selling...I’ve simply got the valve bug again, it happens every few years. I spend time with valves, hanker for some serious transistor wallop, change again and on it goes.

I don’t have much room for anymore amps just sitting around as recently I’ve been condensing everything down at home Hifi related or not and beginning to put some stuff in storage as I’m looking to move home.

These retailed around £10k with price fluctuations etc

I’m looking for £2750

Postage isn’t an issue as it’s very well protected and double boxed

So I’m happy to discuss options and costings

Comes with manual and unused power cord

It works incredibly well with IsoAcoustics Indigo OREA pucks, I may be persuaded to throw a set in...

UZuIKZ1.jpg

cJPGMNS.jpg

31fYn5u.jpg

XnOzjoK.jpg

s9WPzZV.jpg

KclEUMr.jpg

K5gO82o.jpg

RbQVzqq.jpg

Edited by loosend

:love::love::love: Beautiful Amp this I owned the original Sirius D200 was the favourite amp I ever owned , I remember I had it with a Vac pre amp , Vac Dac , micromega duo transport , never had  such a good sound , this is over my budget , but if your in the market for a thoroughbred single mosfet amp these are up with the best . 

Super Wammer

so many 'would have liked to try' but not enough opportunity. especially in the provinces.

reckon this would give my Bryston a good run or the Alecto monos that i stupidly sold.

who knows, at the end of the day these quality products are impossible to assess without the 'personal'

obviously cabling will be vital, NOT

Ooooooooooh Yes indeedy:x:x:x

I currently own it's older but smaller little brother the SiriuS D100. Best amp I've owned wish I could take it off your hands

GLWYS

One of the best power amps,regardless of price

This is a truly world class amp with a midband clarity & presence that ranks with the very best. Dan is a top bloke who really knows his kit & this has been with him a lot longer than most. I’ve had the Sirius D100 & the Gamut D200 Mk2 (which was substantially better) & the Mk2 improves on that. The power of Krell & Chord, with the delicacy of Audio Research & Conrad Johnson. If I had the funds I’d take it in a heartbeat.

Cheers guys! 

I forgot to add that the amp has had 8 Mundorf Silver/Gold in Oil caps fitted in the power supply section, to some considerable cost but worth it!

41 minutes ago, loosend said:

Cheers guys! 

I forgot to add that the amp has had 8 Mundorf Silver/Gold in Oil caps fitted in the power supply section, to some considerable cost but worth it!

Yummy. nice baps, sorry caps!!

Whereabouts are you in Devon?