Stidge

[SOLD] Auralic Aries G1

Posted (edited)

Following an upgrade to a Vega G2 I have my Aries G1 for sale

This was supplied by Lee at Strictly Stereo at the end of January so is 8 months old. It is immaculate having been taken out of its box on receipt, put on my rack and then not moved until I packed it up this afternoon. Has all the original accessories and instruction book. 

This is a great streamer that I used as a Roon Endpoint but which can also be used with Auralic's excellent Lightning DS app and can stream Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz and Apple Music to name but a few. Auralic release firmware updates frequently and this is running the current version. 

Lots of excellent reviews on the web i.e: http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/auralic-aries-g1-network-stream

One sold for £1600 on eBay at the weekend so how about £1350 delivered? I have the original double box so can ship it safely but you are welcome to collect if you are anywhere near Tunbridge Wells. 

Thanks for reading

Regards

Steve

3.thumb.jpeg.18f7974ca565f8e965246bd24d19effd.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.0c1bf5c1779ee90baabef417bec3edf6.jpeg

Edited by Stidge
price reduction
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Seems I over-baked the price. Price drop to £1350 delivered. 

Edited by Stidge
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

This is a bargain - I’ve had one for a year now and it’s great: a significant step up from the Aries Mini I had before.  Google the reviews - all fantastically positive.  Build quality is first rate, sound quality superb, ease of use with Lightning DS app a cinch.  Amazed it’s not sold yet.  

http://the-ear.net/review-hardware/auralic-aries-g1-network-streamer

https://www.hifichoicemag.com/content/auralic-aries-g1

• Like 1

Super Wammer

And this - just arrived this afternoon - talk about synchronicity!

https://hifipig.com/auralic-aries-g1-wireless-streaming-transport/

• Like 1

Thanks Blodger

It is great to be able to stream wirelessly (something Auralic recommend) which removes the need for long, or any, ethernet cables and any potential 'noise' from the router/switch. 

The Lightning DS software is excellent allowing streaming for the usual streaming services, Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc and also from NAS units. It is also a Roon endpoint. Very flexible. 

Edited by Stidge

One just completed on eBay for £1571 so mine is a bargain

One more week on here and then I will pop it on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to upgrade my Oppo 105 to something new for streaming. So much choice out there now, but this looking like a good deal. Does the Auralic Aries do Android based control apps? 

It is possible to use OpenHome compatible control software (BubbleUPnP, Kazoo) I believe but being an apple user I have never tried this so can't comment on how good it is.  I use Roon and this has both IOS and Android apps but you would need a Roon Core to make this work

You can also access the Aries using a browser but that will only give you device setup and configuration options - it doesn't have any play controls. 

Regards

Steve

Hi Stidge,

How much exacly are you selling the G1 for, as you have two diffent asking prices in your thread.

I,m currently using the original Aries full blown, my second unit,(reget aselling the first).
I am interested in this, so what is your final price. Will you accept Paypal friends payment?

Splodge