forgot-my-id

Is a General Election coming ??

We discussed the possibility of standing as a candidate for the "Blue Party" - whose sole policy is to clean up our oceans.

It appears on the ballot just before the Conservatives and there are enough old buffers voting Tory who will simply tick the box because they would get confused and do it by accident.

Edited by Tune

No honestly, it's the length. I have no idea what the content is.

When you read a newspaper, do you ever get past the headline?   Next time I try to answer one of your posts, would a multiple choice format be OK. To make it simple we will end with choice 'a.'

I watch the comedy channels like Fox, Sky and sadly now, the BBC, just to understand where the extremists are getting their views from - and when I'm out of it for a laugh. I read and watch so called "Liberal" media because it fits more with my views although again I don't believe what they say without fact checking. When doing that, the latter generally makes a mockery of the former category - as news channels should out of comedy channels I guess.

Edited by Tune

Nigel Farage admits defeat in 317 seats before he's even started.  But even more hilariously, this quote from one of his Welsh MEPs (my bolding):

"We have been very magnanimous," he added. "It has been a very difficult decision but we have unilaterally entered into an alliance".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50374980

What a real shame that Nigel Farage has woken up and realised he might have ended up seriously undermining the Brexit vote by competing with the Conservatives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are only a week in and I genuinely cannot watch any of it as it makes me want to smash the plasma.

In this age of post truth politics, the lies and deceit are simply too much for me to listen to or watch. Maybe they are all as bad as each other but I find the Bull coming out of prominent Conservative's mouths to be particularly offensive - given their treatment of the majority over the past nine years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We are only a week in and I genuinely cannot watch any of it as it makes me want to smash the plasma.

In this age of post truth politics, the lies and deceit are simply too much for me to listen to or watch. Maybe they are all as bad as each other but I find the Bull coming out of prominent Conservative's mouths to be particularly offensive - given their treatment of the majority over the past nine years.

They wouldn’t do it if fooking imbeciles didn’t believe everything they say. It only takes one or two brainless troglodytes to fall for the bullshit and bingo, you get to shaft the population for another five years. 

I’ve disengaged from it altogether. If the trogs vote the sneering tory bastards in, then I hope they get everything they deserve. I’m past bloody caring. 

Edited by Lord Rockingham
  • Like 2

If this were Hong Kong we’d be on the streets giving them hell but we are fat, flatulent, gawpers looking on confused, slack jawed with bits of pizza and Mars bar melting down our chins whilst our country is openly stolen from us and all we can do is go ... “uhh?”

Nigel Farage made £300.000 by charging £100 application fee to stand as a parliamentary candidate. It has been reported 3000 people applied. Today he has ”stood down” 317 of them. This means £28.300 was for successful applicants, £271.700. Is in Farage’s bank account.

Farage has just said on LBC Eddie Mair show he will be keeping the money & not refunding the candidates.

Oh well. At least he only stole from racist scum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Nigel Farage made £300.000 by charging £100 application fee to stand as a parliamentary candidate. It has been reported 3000 people applied. Today he has ”stood down” 317 of them. This means £28.300 was for successful applicants, £271.700. Is in Farage’s bank account.

Farage has just said on LBC Eddie Mair show he will be keeping the money & not refunding the candidates.

Oh well. At least he only stole from racist scum.

“A fool and his money are soon parted” Nigel should change his name to Warwick, and his second name to Hunt.

They wouldn’t do it if fooking imbeciles weren’t didn’t believe everything they say. It only takes one or two brainless troglodytes to fall for the bullshit and bingo, you get to shaft the population for another five years. 

I’ve disengaged from it altogether. If the trogs vote the sneering tory bastards in, then I hope they get everything they deserve. I’m past bloody caring. 

The Trouble for me is that we have entered this era of post truth politics and we've seen a major shift in the art with the rise of social media. Until authorities take this seriously and introduce legislation, there is an existential threat to established democracies.

It's not just trogs either now. Repeat the same phrase time and time and time again across all forms of media and a lie becomes an acknowledged truth. Goebbels worked on that premise. He was right. It's playing out right now.

This cannot be repeated often enough. At this upcoming election we must vote for the party that has the best chance of beating the Tories, we have to kick them out. We'll easily survive a Corbyn Labour government. But another five years of these right-wing Tories will be a nightmare for everyone but the very wealthy.

This cannot be repeated often enough. At this upcoming election we must vote for the party that has the best chance of beating the Tories, we have to kick them out. We'll easily survive a Corbyn Labour government. But another five years of these right-wing Tories will be a nightmare for everyone but the very wealthy.

If Johnson's lies are anything to go by, the promised spending will soon evaporate if he gets elected.....and that's before we realise that Johnson's Hard Brexit won't leave any money to spend anyway.

On 12/11/2019 at 20:38, Lord Rockingham said:

Here is an interview with Bill Browder (Putin's nemesis) and others, talking about the extent Russia has its fingers in our Democracy. It should concern everybody, no matter of which side of the Brexit fence you are on and sheds light on why the Govt aren't keen on publishing their report on Russian interference:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/why-wont-government-release-the-russia-report-jame/

Edited by CnoEvil