Paulssurround

The New Linn Control App Album Covers Tile Display

I had a good conversation with another Linn owner about this topic the other day.

His recommendation was to download Lumin.

I am the proud owner of an iPad that now uses Kinsky, Kazoo, "Linn" app and Lumin.

I am still exploring the features of Lumin, but have to say, it is impressive, and it was designed to work seamlessly with Minimserver.

Bob's your uncle

My lumin app keeps looking for a lumin. I guess you have both streamers or does it work with a Linn streamer as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, zee9 said:

My lumin app keeps looking for a lumin. I guess you have both streamers or does it with work with a Linn streamer as well?

You don’t need a Lumin streamer for the app to work (unless they’ve changed requirements very recently!). I’ve successfully used it in the past with Linn DSs.

Mick

You don’t need a Lumin streamer for the app to work (unless they’ve changed requirements very recently!). I’ve successfully used it in the past with Linn DSs.
Mick

The funny thing is that if my streamer is playing a track it shows on the lumin app but I can initiate a track to play via the lumin app.

1 hour ago, zee9 said:

The funny thing is that if my streamer is playing a track it shows on the lumin app but I can initiate a track to play via the lumin app.

That’s strange. I just tried Lumin and successfully played a track.

From what I remember of Lumin, it streams to the Linn ok, and volume control was ok, but that's it. No standby/source selection.

5 hours ago, timster said:

From what I remember of Lumin, it streams to the Linn ok, and volume control was ok, but that's it. No standby/source selection.

Just had another quick play. I can put the DS into standby and change to radio stations, but as you say, siurce selection outside this isn’t possible. I only have the t/t as a physical input, and if I select it via the remote, Lumin changes it back to radio or playlist, presumably because it doesn’t recognise what’s happened.

Mick

Lumin works fine with LinnDS and in fact I prefer it over any other control-apps. It has a much more sensible layout than Kinsky, better accessibility of all necessary data and just easier to explain to non-technical persons. My partner has no problems using the DS with Lumin, but try to explain Kinsky to her - or anybody else... 

The fact that it calls the streamer Lumin is annoying but quickly forgotten.

On 10/10/2019 at 16:47, zee9 said:

My lumin app keeps looking for a lumin. I guess you have both streamers or does it work with a Linn streamer as well?

You need to go into Lumin’s settings and rescan your Minimserver library, and all should work well

• Like 1