Thetiminator

Astell&Kern Battery Replacement Help

Hi guys
I have an A&K120ii that’s in need of a new battery. Mine is draining after c.3-4 hours of use and even drains completely from full if switched off for a day or so.  
Has anyone any experience or know someone who would be able to do it? Rather than send it back to the service centre in Germany and wait weeks on it coming back....if it ever does as Brexit is round the corner :P
Cheers

Edited by Thetiminator

Have you tried asking on head-fi?

Super Wammer

Check YouTube, someone will invariably put up a DIY video on how to do it. 

• Like 1

Looks to be a fiddly job - I love this video though with the chap using a suction cup (provided with some of the bulbs these days to enable you to get them out of a shielded housing) or you could use the suction cup that comes on bathroom fittings,  Also a couple of guitar plectrums to lift the battery out (clever idea as being not metalic less chance of causing damage) and some pointy tweezers (the ones I have for my vaping diy with ceramic tips would be just the job).

Have a look at the video as provided you take a bit of care even being ham fisted should not prove an obstacle (for most) .. there is a video for most of the models   https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Astell%26Kern+Battery+Replacement+

If you take it to your local computer repair man he will be used to all the fiddle and tell him the link above to get the videos on what needs to be done - provided you can source a replacement battery they should do it for you are very reasonable cost.

A decent mobile phone repair shop will be able to do it...if they can replace Apple batteries and screens, which are pretty much designed NOT to be replaced by anyone other than Apple, they will be able to do an Mp3 player!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thetiminator said:

Yeh that sounds like a plan....good thinking ta I’ll give that a shot...:^

Might be worth mentioning the you tube videos to the place you take it .. has to be useful in understanding the beast they are looking at (they probably do it anyway but still worth a mention just in case).