gentlesound

Bryston BDA-3 - Hifi Audiophile Reference External DAC Black Excellent condition

Bryston BDA-3 - Hifi Audiophile Reference External DAC Black, Very good condition. Very minor marks from using for two years.

My Price: £ 2000 (Lowered from 2800).
Retail price: £ 3600

This is a multi award winning Digital to Analogue converter in wonderful condition. Stereophile's Editors' Choices & many more awards.

Don't have the original box anymore, so collection in central London preferred. Buyer can test the BDA-3 and make sure everything is all right. Payment by cash, paypal, monzo.

If you're interested and need shipping please get in touch.

Features:
Dual 32Bit AKM DAC IC's
Discrete Class A analog output stage
Independent analog and digital signal paths
Independent power supplies
Massive support for different PCM and DSD resolutions
HDMI video pass-through with audio out (4K video pass-through)

Dimensions:
3.63” H x 17” W x 11.12” D
92.20mm H x 431.8mm W x 282.45mm D (431.8mm faceplate)
8.5 lb/3.9 kg

IMG_9791_sm.jpg

IMG_9792_sm.jpg

IMG_9795_sm.jpg

IMG_9796_sm.jpg

IMG_9797_sm.jpg

Edited by gentlesound
Price change
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

I actually own this DAC and I don't know the seller at all. However from a purely audiophile perspective this is a special piece of kit . On pure redbook  or CD playback  it is superb and it has the versatility to play every format if you have an universal player-I do it with a cheap Sony Blu Ray in a system at cost is worth north of 20K. The DAC will convert every format including SACD it is a very special sounding thing and the main American magazine reviews reflect this.

I added a Node 2i  streamer to my system a while back and use the DAC obviously with that.  My honest opinion is that there is nothing at 2.5 k in terms of digital that will beat the Bryston in terms of versatility and sound reproduction. 

• Like 1

I actually own this DAC and I don't know the seller at all. However from a purely audiophile perspective this is a special piece of kit . On pure redbook  or CD playback  it is superb and it has the versatility to play every format if you have an universal player-I do it with a cheap Sony Blu Ray in a system at cost is worth north of 20K. The DAC will convert every format including SACD it is a very special sounding thing and the main American magazine reviews reflect this.

I added a Node 2i  streamer to my system a while back and use the DAC obviously with that.  My honest opinion is that there is nothing at 2.5 k in terms of digital that will beat the Bryston in terms of versatility and sound reproduction. 

This is indeed the nicest DAC I have heard that cost under 20k... Probably not that many have had the chance to audition it, especially in comparisons.

Really hope it finds a new home for someone to enjoy this absolute superb DAC.

For anyone in London, we can arrange an audition if seriously interested.

Is this still for sale please?